Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, New to this.Have a 09kia ceedsw about three months last week i put on the handbreak as i thought to my horror it did not hold.Went back to dealer and said it to him did not get much joy.When pulling up handbreak make sure you it is fully up as my was half way up and did not hold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Don Welcome. I too found the Handbrake bite on my SW disconcerting. Many on the forums have express this as an issue. My dealer told me this is part of german technology!!!???, where you ratchet to max, and as the car moves, make a final click, and the pads bite. I was given a demo on another Ceed.
I am still a bit uncomfortable, so I always make sure I am in gear when I park.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Guys
The handbrake issue you describe is a problem Kia and the dealerships are aware of, the cars have been set up incorrectly at the factory.
With the best will in the world your dealer is giving you an absolute load of rubbish, I have had two Prosports and I have had the dealership set up the handbrakes properly, so that it bites where it should, travel should be reajusted so that you can park with confidence.
The handbrake lever should be around the two o'clock position and it should then be fully applied.!!!!

Take the car back and complain,I am very disappointed you have been fed Bullsh*t they should know better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I have an SW Sport and had noticed handbrake was getting too high. The adjustment is simple once garage have a ramp free to remove wheels and takes only minutes (could be diy if you know what you are doing). My pads needed adjustment and they also tightened handbrake cable - first time handbrake has felt "reliable"!!

So dont be fobbed off with "you need to pull it right up" or "they are all like that". Its just pads bedding in and cable stretch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts