Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been about 9 months since I purchased my 1.6 petrol model and I have to say I'm still loving it!

Been averaging 41 mpg just lately which I think is pretty good.

There's a couple of niggling little problems though so far...
<ul>[*]Firstly, because of that sh*t winter we had with the constant road gritting, I've been left with an annoying light grinding noise whenever I press down on the brake. I've been assured by my mechanic cousin that it's not worn brake pads but rather stubborn grit/debris/sh*t that is stuck on there.

Any idea how this can be cleaned off? Driving through a swimming pool, perhaps.

[*]Secondly, something has started knocking down below. Something underneath gently knocks whenever I hit a slight bump in the road. I've not had the opportunity to investigate yet (not that I would know what to look for!) but if it's something that's come loose, can it be repaired under warranty?

[/list]
Apart from that all great!!

Oh last thing! Just how accurate is the digital mileage countdown readout?? I've been running my petrol needle at rock bottom for the past 20+ miles and although the readout said 46 miles remaining, I just didn't dare risking any more. I spose at least I know I can get to 46 quite safely next time! Had to fill up at fecking Murco garage at 120.9p/litre. Robbing bastards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ya but when you drive into a town you make small children cry
only joking, i heard that said on topgear or something before referring to diesels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts