Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hope everybody is well. My Kia got keyed last week. Do you think I could use kias touch up pen to fix the scratch for now. I don't mind if doesn't look super great I just don't want that it starts to corrode. Any advice would be appreciated. :)
Water Atmosphere Liquid Circle Event

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you run your fingernail over the scratch does it stop your fingernail?

If not then you'd be better trying to polish it out with something like G3 Pro Scratch Remover or AutoGlym Super Resin.

That scratch is too long to hide with the touch-up pen, it'll probably look worse after you finish.

Unlikely it'll corrode anytime soon.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

Try a Smart Paint Repair place. May not be too expensive.
A Touch up Pen will make it worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome. :) Yeah I am afraid it stops my fingernail when I am running over so the pen will be useless.
I will check for a smart paint repair place when I have a little bit more money, if it doesn't corrode I am happy as much as i can be with that. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. :) Yeah I am afraid it stops my fingernail when I am running over so the pen will be useless.
I will check for a smart paint repair place when I have a little bit more money, if it doesn't corrode I am happy as much as i can be with that. Thanks for the advice.
well to the forum Ben.
Some people are b*****s aren't they?
Meanwhile, stick around Ben, the people here are a great bunch of people and so helpful!

·
Registered
2017 Rio 1.0 TGDi 100PS
23 Posts
A decent body shop or detailer might be able to wet sand it and then some cutting compound to polish it, to remove it or make it less noticeable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts