Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Shortly after buying my car I had a problem with the DPF and Harratts, the 'standard' warranty that they provided with the car wouldn't cover the problem and they themselves simply wouldn't help or even listen......apparently a problem that renders a car completely unusable in less than 6 mths and under 2,000 miles of purchase is 'perfectly acceptable' to Harratts.

It is worth pointing out that on Trust Pilot Harratts have 53% of reviews with just ONE STAR and on their own facebook they have a review score of 2.7 out of five.....if I had taken the time to look beforehand I would have certainly gone elsewhere...

I ended up being £450 out of pocket at a time when I could least afford it (I even asked if they would make a 'contribution' but they wouldn't).......so I have decided to take to letting as many people know about it as I can.

To do this I have used my 'web design skills' (Learnt at college) to make my very own 'review site' and have asked them if they would like to reconsider their position....

You can see the whole sorry story in the link below and also some of the emailed responses I have had just this last week...

LINK REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR

Please feel free to share this with as many people as possible so that nobody else has to suffer the threats, harassment and indignation that I have been put through...

·
Administrator
7,343 Posts
Thank you for your post.

Clearly you aren't happy which I perfectly understand.

However, as per our Site Rules, (see top of this sub forum), you are in breach of rule 14, Copyright material, as you've used their web site pages which is owned by them hence I deleted it from your post.

Joining the kiaownersclub to give a bad review is perfectly fine, but we cannot allow the Club to be used into a personal dispute with your dealer...please refer to Rule 3.

If you're thinking I work for Harratts or Kia, I don't, I just have to ensure the sites Rules and impartiality in personal disputes are adhered to.

I wish you well Kia Gal.

Paul

·
Registered
557 Posts
Shortly after buying my car I had a problem with the DPF and Harratts, the 'standard' warranty that they provided with the car wouldn't cover the problem and they themselves simply wouldn't help or even listen......apparently a problem that renders a car completely unusable in less than 6 mths and under 2,000 miles of purchase is 'perfectly acceptable' to Harratts.

It is worth pointing out that on Trust Pilot Harratts have 53% of reviews with just ONE STAR and on their own facebook they have a review score of 2.7 out of five.....if I had taken the time to look beforehand I would have certainly gone elsewhere...

I ended up being £450 out of pocket at a time when I could least afford it (I even asked if they would make a 'contribution' but they wouldn't).......so I have decided to take to letting as many people know about it as I can.

To do this I have used my 'web design skills' (Learnt at college) to make my very own 'review site' and have asked them if they would like to reconsider their position....

You can see the whole sorry story in the link below and also some of the emailed responses I have had just this last week...

LINK REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR

Please feel free to share this with as many people as possible so that nobody else has to suffer the threats, harassment and indignation that I have been put through...

Which branch of Harratts have you had the issue with? Could you go into more details on the problem with the car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
But please post it in your car's sub forum. Not in this thread.
It seems that the OP is complaining about the treatment received from the dealer who supplied the car and not just about the defect itself. That being so, surely this is a suitable forum for the post? Granted it would be useful to have some some information about the car involved (model, year etc.).

·
Registered
213 Posts
It seems that the OP is complaining about the treatment received from the dealer who supplied the car and not just about the defect itself. That being so, surely this is a suitable forum for the post? Granted it would be useful to have some some information about the car involved (model, year etc.).
The original post was about the dealer but it's moved on and smellmet was asking for specific details. I think that's what iooi was asking to be done in the model sub forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,814 Posts
JB18
The reason I asked to post in model forum was it would be more about the actual car problem, than about the dealer problem.
Which OP has already posted on.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The reason I asked what model etc was to determine if the car was potentially in warranty with Kia and could be taken to another dealer, plus I have an interest purely because I have had very poor experiences every time I've used Harratts (in Wakefield)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts