Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just purchased my first ever Kia and it being the Sportage …

never driven never test drove one either took a blind punt on a car 300 miles away …

its 2017 crdi 3 - 1.7 - ar white
30k miles
Pana roof , jbl etc

needed a bigger car for baby etc .. gets driven Down to me next week so excited to give it a drive ..

1 - see issue with the map / software updates - whilst the speed sign is issue would it be better to update software if I can ignore this issue ? Or leave as standard .. no idea current sw version till I get it delivered

2 any small mods tips / recommendations for a first time newbie ? I.e air deflectors , air filters , any mapping etc ?

thanks will post a few pics when she arrives

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Wow you are a braver soul than I, I hope you are happy with your car when it arrives.
I would live with the maps that the has and wait until the current update is fixed, that is what I'm doing. I can't give you any tips on modifications or mapping, it's not my thing. I just hope you can enjoy your Sportage.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Personally, you need to walk round it and drive it, then decide if things are lacking to your taste. There should be a short time that you can say 'no' if there's issues. My taste, I hate diseasels, but that's me. Try it and enjoy it, hopefully you'll like it.
Hopefully, the baby will fit in the driving seat ok, but you may be a tad ambitious!! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh brave move . Would never normally purchase without trying first or seeing but for 17k not seen any car with full spec inc roof in white with low miles . They took video for me etc

comes with 6 month dealer warranty and obv Kia runs to 2024 with a 14 dayreturn also so kinda safety nets around me .

Will hold fire on updates then thanks all

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has it got full service history, preferably with a Kia dealer. Could be problems with warranty otherwise.
Yes has full service history , just been mot and serviced end jan

(I haven’t verified if was Kia serviced I believe not as garage selling has prob just mot and serviced ) but I believe as long as it’s fully serviced regardless where I’m covered .

·
Registered
2017 2.0 Diesel AWD KX3
490 Posts
"(I haven’t verified if was Kia serviced I believe not as garage selling has prob just mot and serviced ) but I believe as long as it’s fully serviced regardless where I’m covered."
Someone selling you a car will tell you that. Its been an area of regular discussion.
If you have a warranty claim with Kia they will (not surprisingly) make you jump through hoops to prove that the vehicle was serviced in line with their service schedule and using service items they deem equivalent to their own. They will want to see documentary proof particularly in relation to engine oils.
All is dependent on the type of claim and the relevance of the service items to the claim. eg the type of engine oil used is of no consequence to your door window motor failing.
So its your choice.
I'd be looking closely at items like alloy wheels, sun roofs, aircon and any info/sat systems. (3 year warranty)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can confirm that car has a full service history. The 1,3,5 year etc on a Kia is vehicle inspection and can have no impact on the warranty whether done or not done as no parts are changed( 12 years with Kia and 3 Kia dealerships in group tells me this). That being said I think its only missed one of the vehicle inspections(can verify in the morning). We have completed 2 of the services to Manufacturers standards. Which keeps the Kia warranty in full force.

The sunroof has been checked, whilst not a common fault we have had a few but it is checked as standard.

That was reply from dealership - is that sales talk or make logical sense ?

·
Registered
2017 2.0 Diesel AWD KX3
490 Posts
If its diesel its 2 year intervals between oil changes unless its doing big mileages.
In the event of an engine issue Kia would want proof of what oil went into the sump.
For me I would just not want them to have an easy out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If its diesel its 2 year intervals between oil changes unless its doing big mileages.
In the event of an engine issue Kia would want proof of what oil went into the sump.
For me I would just not want them to have an easy out.
As above Kia Service schedule for a diesel Sportage is 20,000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first, the selling dealer is correct services 1,3 & 5 are inspections only if your mileage is low.

Stating that they don't matter in relationship to Kia's warranty is debatable, it could put you on the back foot :unsure: if a warranty claim occurs with a different dealer.

I've been thinking about trading in my Sportage, first question local Kia dealers ask is "has it got full service history" ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts