Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I would share the link to what will be my photo album of my Cee'd as it progresses. I have added a few pictures today with more to be uploaded. Any questions or comments, feel free to post on here, on the comments or by PM. I'll help where I can!!

http://www.flickr.com/pictures/chris1d

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quick update. I have begun my incar PC installation. I've made a couple of attempts and finally am getting somewhere.

The Sony Headunit fitted only has RCA inputs, whereas most, PC's/Laptops have VGA/HDMI. I have an older PC that I recently pulled the graphics card out of (ATI something or other) withS-Video output. I then got a converter S-Video to RCA and it works, sort of...picture isn't amazing but it works! I was able to browse the net and watch youtube and it be viewable!

I tried VGA-RCA but the adaptor didn't work as my netbook wasn't TV out enabled!

Now I have 2 options, there is a new microPC due out soon which has RCA as its screen output, which will be a win and it is very small, but will not be very powerful but will probably do the job and its cheap. The other is to build a smaller version of my PC in a much smaller case and use the graphics card I have...either way, they will both run Ubuntu or a flavour of Linux and handle internet, music, video, bluetooth and maybe a few other bits too!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This weekend I have begun replacing the lighting with LEDs. Have had to order a few tonight so they will be here in the next few days. I'm still debating on lowering it a bit as I live in the middle of nowhere and as such the roads are poo.

Here is a list of to-dos:-

Lower (?)
Tint rear windows
Replace all bulbs with LED.
Finish carpc install and audio
Find a talking car alarm
Replace keys with flip style keys
Possibly fit sportier front seats
Add extra lighting (map reading light) above driver and passenger
Order and fit rear spoiler

Probably more too :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. Been saving!! Just spotted some beautiful sparco seats..but can't find out how/if they will fit the cee'd. Top gear fitted some bucket seats in theirs so must be doable but don't fancy having to make a frame for it...plus airbag warning light might decide to appear as news seats won't be airbag equipped!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts