Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I have at last done the work on my Kia with love ect... I have stuck with it as I luv my car. It is running fine and I have saved a bob or two.
If you have a problem with your who you gonna call....yourself ! have a read ask questions get the rachet set out give yourself weks and alternative transport, take photos, bag and label all bits. It is an eye opener and rewarding.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thats great news, I wish I had more patience and guts to attempt more myself...not so much now as `touch wood` the cars been faultless - but with my previous cars I did like to undertake the not too stressfull maintenance on them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Drakey. Thanks for your reply. I still do not know or worked out how to post the photos of the gear cable change. I thought I had but they must have gone to the Hadron Colider in Switzerland, they have disappeared.

Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
190 Posts
Even though cars are so damned complicated these days I get a lot of pleasure from being able to tackle some jobs myself. I recently treated myself to some new tools to replace things I've had since a teenager over 35 years ago. A new 2.5 ton trolley jack, Halfords professional ratchet spanners and a tool cabinet.Ok --- I'm ready

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Another worth while addition is a code reader so if you get any faults with ECU etc you will be able to tell whats up. I recommend you go for one that can show live data when the engine is running. These readers can be bought for under £80 on ebay. I've had one for a few years now and its paid for itself many times.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davy said:
Another worth while addition is a code reader so if you get any faults with ECU etc you will be able to tell whats up. I recommend you go for one that can show live data when the engine is running. These readers can be bought for under £80 on ebay. I've had one for a few years now and its paid for itself many times.
Thanks for that. Will this device cover all cars, my mothers ABS light is on and the auto will not allow car to move?
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I dont think it will cover ABS problems or airbags. Most of them are just for engine problems. Tho' you can buy diagnostic equipment that do cover the above but are a bit more expensive. Its worth a search on the web for those that cover all problems.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I bought a snapon micro scan diagnostic tool on eBay recently for £100 fantastic thing it is it's. There's different plugs fir different makes and models most kias are OBD2 type I think.
Also some diagnostic tools do abs and airbags but are alot dearer in price I updated mine to do so via my USB link

·
Registered
226 Posts
davy said:

Bikers always like to tinker with the spanners, hey Davy LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts