Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into my local KIA dealership last week to try out a 2021 KIA Sportage 3 MHEV 1.6 7 speed DCT ISG with 8,500 miles on the clock, it had all the bells and whistles i was looking for although the price i considered a tad OTT (£27,495), it is an ex KIA owned "staff pool car" and as such was put out for sale with the full 7 year warranty still intact..I am not totally convinced that when the vehicle approaches 7 years time from now that it would still have another year full KIA warranty in place? , anyway, all my dreams were shattered whist around 15 minutes and a couple of miles on the test drive there was a horrendous squeal and smell of burning rubber, we pulled over, shut the engine off and the salesman jumped out, got on his phone and came back and said he will drive it back to the dealership, he previously told me about the problems that KIA are having with this model and that there is a modification for it, obviously it hasn`t been done on this vehicle.
Once back at the dealership he left me and went to the workshop to find out what the problem was, once rejoining me he confirmed the adjustment pully bearing on the charging circuit had seized and the modification will cure it.
I still agreed to buy that model and a deal was done, i went home, told my wife and..yes the following morning i made the phone call to the dealership to cancel that order, as my wife had pointed out that for a few more £1kk`s we could buy a brand new GT Line HEV auto with a full 7 years warranty with 0 miles on it, so with her blessing we arranged our visit for a look at the latest 2022 KIA Sportage, we had a try out in a GT Line-S HEV, I was pleasantly surprised considering I thought my 2019 1.6 Diesel 134bhp 7 speed DCT ran smooth and spritely, the new set up blew that out the water so much I am now considering an order for what would be my 3rd KIA Sportage, a 2016,a 2019 and now a 2022.

After a couple of hours a deal was struck on the purchase of a 2022 KIA Sportage GT Line 1.6 TGDi HEV and with a combined bhp of 226 BHP makes for a powerful drive and smooth ride, and with combined mpg using electric and petrol up to 60-70mpg makes it economical to run.
This makes a change for me from diesel to petrol after 25+ years of running diesels i am going back to a petrol engine.
I initially thought about a Sportage GT Line 1.6 CR Di 48v 7 speed DCT Diesel as it is the cheaper option but ended up buying the Petrol HEV and according to research i have seen in 3 years time if i trade in this vehicle i should be getting at least 3-4 grand more trade in px than if i had bought a diesel as the residule value for a diesel will diminish faster than a petrol over time..I hope i am not wrong..

Roll on mid April when i get my new 2022 KIA Sportage GT-Line 1.6 G TDi HEV petrol.

*Incidentally if anyone is considering a similar model (KIA Sportage GT-Line 1.6 G TDi HEV petrol) there are some un-allocated/cancelled models in production due into the UK for the end of March/early April delivery showing up on the ordering list, which i could have had one but opted for a Flame Red as i like the colour and it matches my polishing rags well as my 2019 is that colour even with a £250 discount on the paint i am not tempted.....yet!

Reactions: mr.macspot

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed my mind...after a weekend of checking out U-tube videos of the 2022 Sportage i phoned the dealer this morning but couldn`t speak to the salesman i had done the deal with so ended up speaking with another salesman, Icancelled the Fiery Red colour i had ordered and asked about a deal for the Fusion White colour, i was expecting to have to pay the extra £650 for the paint only to be surprised when the salesman told me he has some good news, if i said yes today to the Fusion White then he can change the deal, he offered me £500 more on the agreed price for the p/x so only £150 more to pay, and then the added bonus of telling me it will be here in the showroom in 2 weeks time instead of the 8 weeks i had been told for the Fiery Red version.....course i had to think about it....i was in the process of asking my wife who was in the kitchen to tell her when she shouted "YES we will take the deal for the Fusion White!!!"

I never told the new salesman i had already previously been offered the Fusion White for £400 discount leaving me to pay £250 for the paint from the original salesman, he has offered me £ 500 more on the p/x and only £150 more to pay..
..deal done and now expecting delivery in 2-3 weeks time!!!

Happy (easter)Bunny here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts