Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP !
Proceed 4.

Just picked my car up today and it tried to kill me.

Driving on the dual carriageway and suddenley it cut out at about 50MPH. Managed to coast to the side of the road and it restarted OK.

Only noticed when it got dark, and it had done the same thing 4 or 5 times more, that the engine warning light was on and staying on.

It may well have been on as soon as I picked the car up. ( If so, really good PDI....NOT )

Phoned the stealer and will try to get it in on Sat morning. Not a good start.

Any one else had this problem ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
REJECT it straight away. Tell the dealer you've lost confidence in them and the car. No matter how small the problem is. The PDI sheet should be in the leather binder they give you with the manual in. Get it and find the technicians signiture and hold them ransom! Free services, mudflaps everything you can get else VOSA will be getting a call.Makethem rectify the problem, have them sign a decleration that the problem hasnt caused irrepairable damage. If it;s damaged somthing else and later down the line you have to pay becausethe parts not underwarranty you have your signed get out clause.I'm apain in the arsecustomerbut only becauseI was a retail manager from the age of 17 and got the recieveing endof it.

To be honest i havent had any of the same problems. just the Pi$$ poor fuel consuption (30mpg) The tracking out and is STILL pulling to the left quite agressively (good PDI on mine to!) And the sat nav being 28miles out and after 2 weeks of me hoping it will eventually correct its self it still thinks is driving backwards!

P.S DO NOT LET THEM DRIVE IT ALONE....if there anything like my stealer its a 2min drive round the corner and say its all fine...get in and show them the exact conditions it happened under
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers RichieD76.
I cannot see any PDI documents. There isn't even a page in the Service book for the PDI.

When you say "Reject it" what do you mean ? Tell them I want my money back ?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Money back or a different car, I hate reading posts like this as mines been awesome.
Such a big purchase in our life's you expect things to be nigh on perfect.
As above - within reason, I'd kick up a real fuss.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think the laws on their side as far as a refund is concerned as you have to give themchance to rectify a problem.But as drakey said ask for another one. If they get funny about it ask for the copy of the PDI they you wernt given and when they produce it, ask how a car that has been throughly checked just cut out in a dangerous situation?The look on there faces will show if the PDI was actually done propperly.Kick up such a fuss, even though it might seem petty ask for the VOSA registration number of the tech that did thePDI. Its mighty hard to run a dealer thenyou start loosing MOT licensees. Dont expect to get the world out of them but compensation for lack ofmobility at least seeing as you maybe withough a car for a while...think ofit this way....
Right lane of the motorway, raining, engine cuts out, lights go out, moving over with no servo brakes and theres a lorry on the hard sholder witha blow out...BANG your in the back off it! all because the PDI wasnt done properly OR AT ALL!

I thought they had to give the owner a copy to prove it had been inspected as part of ownership liabilty being passed from the dealer to the owner. Silly example but if you have halfords build up your pushbike they give you a build up (like PDI) sheet to show they've checked it for imperfections/safety.

In my situation i KNOW 100% my PDI wasnt done properly and was just ticked top to bottom because they mistakenly ticked the checks on automatic transmission oil and sunroof operation....2 things i dont even have!

I know i go over the top but when i used to be in retail theres certain things customers used to pull on me that you just cant allow to happen so you kiss backside as much as possiable.
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it in and there is a low pressure fuel fault.
I have now had to drive it across the road and ring the RAC so they can recover it to the garage.
They say I have to do this to get a courtesy car as they have no taxed cars.
I am now waiting, for up to 2 hours, for the RAC.
He will then decide what to do. Apparently once he has decided it needs to go to the garage I will then be taken to get a courtesy car.
Feck knows how long that will take.
I have just come off a night shift and am very pissed off.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That's a great shame gandalf , like Drakey , my cars been great ( so far touch wood and all that !) . Def tell them in no uncertain terms that you want to reject the vehicle and you expect an eqiuvalent courtesy car untill you are satisfied . All dealers should have or make cars available even if they have to hire one !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And to really cap it off....
After going through with the sham with the RAC man he followed me the 300 yards to the Kia garage I was at earlier.
He gets the paperwork sorted and then rings the Hire Car company.
He hands the phone to me and they ask for credit card details, Bollocks, I had left all my stuff at home. They ask if someone is at home to read out the card. I say yes. All OK then. Then because my license is also in my wallet at home they want to charge a £5 fee. AAArrgggg.
Anyway.
The RAC driver drops me off in the middle of Stevenage at the Car Hire depot. I am now completely lost.
He drives off.
The car hire manager then says I cannot have a car without a physical credit card. FF sake I say. The Kia people said it could be done by phone. In the end, after he realised he was going to get stuck with a really angry person, he gave me a car. Which he then had to send out to the garage because it was not full of petrol.
He asked me to drop my CC details into the Watford branch so they could take the £50 deposit. This had to be done before they shut at 13:00. ( Did not make it so they haven't got my CC details )
I accompanied sodding Ayrton Senna on the wonderful journey to the petrol station, my eyeballs are just getting back to normal.
I was told that if I need the car more than 3 days then the stealer would need to phone up and extend the time. Bet that works !!!!
Can it get any worse ? Probably knowing my luck. Bugger bugger bugger.

·
Registered
887 Posts
RichieD76 said:
even though it might seem petty ask for the VOSA registration number of the tech that did thePDI. Its mighty hard to run a dealer thenyou start loosing MOT licensees.

Trying hard to grasp how that is relevant to the situation?
I didn't realise only mot testers could carry out pdi's on kia vehicles?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I run a company that builds hotels, schools, doctors surgeries and hospital. Regardless of what legislation is in place, or if it was unintensional,if one of my blokes does sloppy workmanship that runs the risk of ANYONE getting injured or killed while i'm incharge, i'll make sure he never works on a building site again. Hence CSCS being common place in the building trade just as much as VOSA registration for all MOT tester's as individuals rarther than the company. Theres enough cowboy builder programs to run thousands of decent companys out of business. Little unfair how the back street garage's get a bad rep when the main dealer's cant even do a propper PDI!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A bit of good news.........I hope.
The boss of the dealers rang me today and said he had ordered a new car for me.
He said there were 2 in the country and one of them was earmarked for me.
He said he is just waiting for Kia to OK the payment to him for my other car. I said what happens if KIA refuse. He said that they will then have a fight on their hands because he sells quite a few cars.
They still cannot find the problem and are baffled.
With a bit of luck I should have another new car in about a week. Crossed fingers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Going from what was posted previously I can't believe they got you to call the RAC to get a hire car! All large dealers should have agreements with local hire car companies if they run out of their own loan cars. Not good customer service. Hope you get your new car soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glad to hear the good news gandalf , hopefully you'll soon be enjoying your new car and the dealer has done the right thing so all's well that ends well . Good luck .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts