Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had experience of these multi car insurance policies??.......the upsides and the dowsides???. How does it work with your no claims discount?.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Tempest, just changed the insurance on the Ford to the same one as the Soul and the no claims I have is9 years on both cars which as far as I know is on that policy on each car seperate.I have an extra discount for both policies because of the multicar aspect but I assume that a claim on one will not effect the other car.I have no claims protection anyway.If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you had a claim you would lose the some ncb on both as there not seperate policies its one policy which allows two cars on it

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it really depends on your exact insurance setup details as I have two cars on one policy in my name, mine and my wife's. If she stacks it doesn't effect my NCB but if I stack her car it does.
Wife is main driver on hers with me 2nd and visa verse on my car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi

I have a multi car policy with admiral. The way mine works is i put my car on the policy now, and the wifes car is pending until her insurance is due for renewal.

After the year i receive a full year NCB, but even the wife would only be on the policy for 9 months, she will still receive the full year NCB.

They effectively treat it as two policies just under one account. For example im the main driver on my car and the wife is a named drive. Likewise, my wife is the main driver on her car and i am a named driver, although i am covered on her car until her part of the policy comes into effect.

Hope this helps but let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks

PS Just thought id mentioned that the NCB on one car is not affected by the other. If the wife crashes her car i dont lose my NCB

Edited by: gummibear1986

1 - 5 of 5 Posts