Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a quote for afullset of mudflaps for a Ceed SW3 of £107 vat & fitting are included in this price is this dear or not.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The proper Kia ones for the Ceed are more show than useful as in keeping muck off the car. They are a bit small in my opinionbut do look good. I paid £29 each set and fitted them myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davy, a few years ago i would done it myself, 77 now and i have to use one of those garden kneelers to get up and down, so i will have to pay the £40 to get them fitted, like RichieD76 says a lot of money for 4 bits of plastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive just looked on S.G.PETCH, a full set, vat and delivery is £73.38 so thats £34 to fit them. £8.50 a flap to save you scrabbling about. Fronts are OK cos you can swing the wheels out of the way. The backs need wheel removal or what I did was use a philips screwdriver bit rotated on its hexagon flats with an adjustable spanner. They are literally....undo screws.... offer up flaps.....put screws back in. There is a spare hole at the back that you can wang a pointed self tapper in to pick up through the plastic arch material for extra belt and braces. Ive got the hang of it, doing Ceed, 2 picanto's and an i10, all the same principle. Go for it, with the £34 saved, you can go out and celebrate the excellent job youve made of highly skillfully fitting them on.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The only reason I haven't got any as yet is I'm going to have them sprayed and just haven't got he time to set up my spray shed at the min. £30 for the paint alone. If I wasn't painting them though I would just pay Kia to fit them. Mainly because to do a good job the car would need to be cleaned first so i'ld try get a crafty car wash done at the same time ;-)

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you fit mudflaps don't forget that wet mud and grit will be trapped behind them, andthe edges will damage the paint when they flex in the airflow. This happened to my Focus and after they were fitted to my Ceed for six months there was slight paintwork dmage. I have now removed mine.
Edited by: deeps

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only way to remove the dirt trapped between the mudflaps and the car body is by removing them, a bit of a hassle each time you wash the car! The edge of the mudflap which touches the wing will wear the paint as the mudflap flexes anyway.

·
Registered
662 Posts
deeps said:
If you fit mudflaps don't forget that wet mud and grit will be trapped behind them, andthe edges will damage the paint when they flex in the airflow. This happened to my Focus and after they were fitted to my Ceed for six months there was slight paintwork dmage. I have now removed mine.

fit them with a small amount of silicone sealer on the touching edges

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I bought my SW3 in Dec. 2010, I could only get front mudflaps. KIA genuine rears were not available. Things must have changed. Front ones only were about £32.50 + labour. Don't know how much labour charge was because other accessories were fitted at same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts