Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted these to my car to protect the caravan.kia ones as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike.£9.95 a pair.i bought two pairs.no cutting needed.i made a cardboard template and made the holes and transferred to mudflaps.ebay no 290509846116.i have no connection to the seller.and have posted this to help other sorento owners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
Mudflaps look great , did you use existing wheel arch cover screws to secure them & if not how did you fix them to the wheel arch?

Many Thanks DavidFJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davidfj said:
Hi,
Mudflaps look great , did you use existing wheel arch cover screws to secure them & if not how did you fix them to the wheel arch?

Many Thanks DavidFJ
yes used existing screws.just unscrewed them drilled mudflaps and put screws back.on the inner part i drilled through the plastic and the mudflap,then used the screws that came with the mudflaps,using self tapper captive nuts.i made a card template of the mudflaps,marked the holes and the angle they would fit and transferred onto mudflap

·
Registered
28 Posts
HiDavid Icansee that the rear ones would be easy to fit, but with the front inner flaps did you have to drill in to the metal of the wheel arch? also the Ebay itemnumberis for Vauxhall cars are these flaps universal?
Regards
Doug

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on the front inner,you have a plastic area in a square which you drill through the same as the back.there is enough room to drill behind the flaps both front and back.yes flaps are universal,but are a perfect fit for the new sorento.no cutting needed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They look great
-

Just be careful if you need to reverse up onto any kirbs or on uneven ground as theyare longthey could get trapped between the tyre and kirb

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well aware of that.used to drive large dustcarts over the rubbish tips.if the mudflaps were too long they got pushed aginst the wheel when reversing and the whole wing got ripped off.these ones have 8 1/4 inches clearance from gound to bottom of rear flap .6 inches front

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Ron,
Ordered Mudflaps from ebay arrived in 2 days, only fitted rear because side steps I had fitted don't allow room and anyway the side stepsact as front mudflaps. Managed to fit them without removing the rear wheels, used right angle screwdriver to get them scewed in place. Good idea to make card template to locate hole for drilling the mudflaps. Thanks for your info. DavidFJ

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
davidfj said:
Hi Ron,
   Ordered Mudflaps from ebay arrived in 2 days, only fitted rear because side steps I had fitted don't allow room and anyway the side steps act as front mudflaps. Managed to fit them without removing the rear wheels, used right angle screwdriver to get them scewed in place. Good idea to make card template to locate hole for drilling the mudflaps. Thanks for your info.  DavidFJ
glad to be of service.i also fitted them without taking any wheels off.i have a little ratchet that takes a screwdriver bit.and you can get underneath to drill through the back of the mudflaps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doug said:
Hi Ron
   Fitted the mudflaps yesterday (between the showers) thanks for the info on these.

Regards

Doug
you are welcome Doug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dear Ron M

I would like to buy a set of these but can't locate them on e-bay. Are they the Vauxhall universal ones or did you buy them from a private seller?

Regards

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John,ebay item no 290509737181.thats for 2.if you search sellers shop they have sets of four if you require them.regards Ron

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just put the number in the search box on ebay.old number still working

1 - 17 of 17 Posts