Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any owners have the optional mud flaps/stone guards fitted ?

I see some photos on line of cars with them fitted ( they look like american market models )

I'me wondering if the fitting would involve piercing the body work. Letting the rust in ??

·
Registered
270 Posts
No very easy to fit no drilling required fits into existing screws takes about 25 mins to fit all 4
easiest job I have ever done no need to take any wheels off just turn the fronts from side to side
you will need a small socket for one nut on each side of the front and simple screwdriver for
the remaing plastic headed screws got the mudflaps from my main Kia dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picasso and Dave Rthanks for this responce, you both seem pleased, and I think I could do the DIY job of fitting,

I shall be calling into Clarks of Kidderminster to order.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You will have no problem fitting, can be a little tight with a couple of the fixings, a short screwdiver is required but it just needs a couple of ***** ***** and it will be OK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the front ones fitted on my 2012 model Soul 2 afterI had the car a couple of weeks, but was told that they don't do them for the rear, they said they were in the pipeline but no sign in Kias accesories yet, seems odd to me they don't do both sets, they do save quite a bit of the splashing up the side and they look quite nice, just don't think they will save all the side splashing because they won't, how effective they are at stopping stones I have no idea but I think they will do the job quite well,,
Regards Mowjo,,,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good evening all,

I have now fitted the front and rear flaps ! Was easy enough, and they do finish the ' lines ' at the rear end.
As tempest noted in an earlier post, they could do with a bit of an extention, but the neighbour notice them strieght away !

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Tempest and one or two others have had dreadfull problems with stone chippings on the body, I have not had the same problems at all. I have the odd one which as it is coming up tp 30k in two years I am not suprised,my main problem has been stone chips on the windscreen plus the replacement of the windscreen after a large chip just on the edge which cracked it big style.The mudflaps do finish the body off as well ,has anybody seen the wheel edging that you can have fitted on the outer edge rim of the wheel in all sorts of different colours to protect it from kerbing the wheels.?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I can imagine that it could cause balance problems thinking about it,I have not driven the soul for a week as I have got a trapped nerve in my back. It may start to keep the mileage down a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have just spotted what look like two stone chips on the rear passenger door.This is on my brand new Hunter so I am not best pleased even though they are really small. I also just noticed that both rear doors are fitted with a factory fitted protective film on a corner low down. It looks as though they are to guard against stone chips which, with the big 18" alloysthat stick out a bit, might well be trouble ahead.

I can't find the mudflaps on the Kia site though. A search saying "Kia Soul mudflaps" returns a nothing found answer.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Ring your dealer direct. The rear mudflaps on the 2012 were slow to be released, but all the mudflaps are now available for that model. If your constantly on gritted roads, i suggest you extend the standard mudflaps to give better protection.... simply buy some flexible rally style flaps and fit them over the top of the oem ones and trim them a bit wider and a bit longer. If you want pictures PM me your email address and i will send you some of mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.