Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody
I am in the fortunate position of being able to replace my '02 Fabia, which I have owned since new.
Looking at a Venga as my next long-term car ( or possibly its 'close relative' the IX20), but wondering about Fuel Economy for the manual petrol versions; in particular the 1.6.
Websites seem to come up with different numbers, so I thought it best to ask 'actual' owners.....
Thank you for reading/replying

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody
I am in the fortunate position of being able to replace my '02 Fabia, which I have owned since new.
Looking at a Venga as my next long-term car ( or possibly its 'close relative' the IX20), but wondering about Fuel Economy for the manual petrol versions; in particular the 1.6.
Websites seem to come up with different numbers, so I thought it best to ask 'actual' owners.....
Thank you for reading/replying
I have 2018 Venga 1.6 auto was getting 35.5 MLS per gal but with this new fuel it's dropped to around 31.0.
KJL

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a 2017 reg Venga 4 auto 6 Which gives around 32mpg unless on long runs when it may go up to 35ish.
I find best revs are around 1850rpm. I previously had a diesel Venga 3 satnav 1.6, which gave around 48mpg (more mpg than the 1.4 version) (A very good mpg in fact around 55-58 but spoiled by the regen process which knocks it right down again. (around 30mpg during regen)
However the Venga has very stiff suspension, while I am told the Hyundai version has softer. The Kia version suspension was sorted by Lotus .
The seats are the right height for me to get in and out easily without bending down or stepping up.
If you have arthritis is is the right car.

I find that cruise control helps the mpg a lot and use it all the time if possible/appropriate. It is comfortable enough but not luxurious. Kia's idea of higher spec is more sporty not more comfy!
(I had atop of the range Ceed 4Tech which had "race car hard" suspension and low profile tyres, one could feel every single piece of gravel on the road. (Would have done me fine in my boy racer years but I'm an oap now!. )

Reactions: rdfb2

·
Registered
188 Posts
I find the suspension good for normal driving but roundabouts + sharp bends its 20mph or so to stop it rolling badly 2017 model 15,000 miles covered ,lotus suspension could fooled me my sons picanto hugs the corners so nice , yep can stretch your legs out and easy to get in out ,like others thats why i got one ,fuel not good but i hardly do any mileage so ok by me .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Driven 130 miles to North Wales today 2010 1.6 auto 35.5 mpg. Included a 5 mile jam stop start, 40-50mph A roads and 60-70mph dual carriageways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.