Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Have owned my 2.5 Sorento now for 6 month and have been checking my fuel return currently on short runs i am averaging 25 MPG and towing my caravan 1900kg i get on average 22mpg. Is this about right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI, I BOUGHT A 2006 XT AUTO 3 WEEKS AGO,IVE BEEN PUTTING £40 OF DIESEL IN AND GETTING ABOUT 200 MILES B4 NEEDLE STAYS AT ROCK BOTTOM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi I got my 2004 Sorrento auto in 2008 and in the 1st year I kept a book on all fuel used and mpgect -

Results after driving 10,000 miles was an average of 24.58mpg - Towing our caravan sent it down to 20-21mpg - solo on a run I saw 29mpg but about 25mpg overall which is not bad for a heavy 4x4 with the aerodynamics of a brick.

The total cost for this mileage was £2085.03 costing an average of £0.21p per mile excluding servicing and tyres.

The reason for keeping a book on this was that I opted out of a company car and wanted to do an accurate comparrison - Then I realisedI was becoming a bitanoraky about the whole thing andso stopped immediatley - Now if she's thirsty I put fuel in and driveher ....simples

Edited by: UncleMart

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 2.5 XS 2006 model. its an auto box and i have recently adopted a different driving style. I now do not go over 60mph on motorways and im now managing to get over 500 miles to a tank.
Im happy with that. Around town will still be the same at about 25 mpg and 22 ish towing my 6 birth caravan..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts