Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder why on so many Forums, you have this subject brought up after the owners have boughta newvehicle?
It wood be much better to come onthe forum and ask the owners what mileage they are getting over a period of time (i.e. a month).

Also asking at this time of year with temps belowfreezing is not a true comparision to go by.

And if you do have a new set of wheels, give it a chance to free up and learn to drive it the way it likes, it maybe different to your old set.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So true Mojomoh, the auto box on my Desiel is excellent only goes to 2600 rpm under normal driving conditions, really uses the torque band well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drive my new picanto (2010) the same as our other petrol cars and the petrol consumption is dreadfull !!! looking on these forums it appears kia has an issue with published fuel figures and actuall attainable mpg, re comments about cold weather ...do Kia qoute different figures for cars sold in cold climates ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Official mpg figures are government figures, probably achieved in ideal conditions, rolling road,no passengers etc. Manufacturers are only to happy to quote these figures as it shows their product in a better light. I agree it is very misleading. I drive a petrol Soul with a quoted combined mpg of 43. The best I get is 34 -36, I would expect to see a 10% increase when the engine loosens up and the weather gets warmer,anything over that would be a bonus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts