Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<DIV =msg>Hi,

Can anyone comment on the accuracy of my 1600 petrol 2008 CEED MPG indicator.

I have tried resetting itand the total mileage every fill, orleaving it over a couple of months but it doesntseem to givetrue indication of MPG when comparing it with miles run against full tank fillups.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
94 Posts
What sort of figure does it give?

My own experience is that unless you fill the car brim to brim each time just relying on the pump cut off and assuming its full is not accurate enough. And its not easy to determine when its brim full either.

You also need to use the same pump at the same petrol station as filling is very susceptible to different slopes on the ground.

My long term calculated average based upon the total fuel put in is 37 mpg the trip computer seems to be reasonably accurate to me its a 1.6 petrol SW 3 MY 2010 by the way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I brim my tak at every fill up. I do 3 pump cutoffs then call it a day.
Everytime I check my MPG on paper against the display, the display has always been within 1mpg. Which I think is excellent. In my last car, the MPG computer was a minimum of 10% higher everytime, sometimes as mush as 15%!!! (thats French rubbish for you).
I should alos say that everytime I fill up I reset the Avg and time driven and trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Eric,

My average for my 1600 automatic is 35mpg short runs and 40mpg long runs measuring by brim to brim fill ups which I think is good.

I think the fuel sensor is out as it shows 40MPG + most of the time with inconsistant readings (High) most of the time.

When its in for service next time I will get them to change the sensor

P.S. we have had a lot of snow up here and I have fitted two front Hankook winter tyres makes the car handle like a land rover great fun in the snow will pull the car forward even with snow hitting the bottom of the front spoiler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts