Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My wife and I love the xceed. Took one out for a test drive the other week. 1.0 petrol manual, 2020 plate.

Only thing putting me off is I use the honest John website for "real world mpg". It puts it at 37 mpg which is quite low when it's claimed mpg is 47mpg

Can anyone confirm what sort of mpg they are getting?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't know if this is an old way of thinking, but wondering if engines still need a running in period? Be interesting to see if they improve at all after 10-20k miles on them..

·
Registered
826 Posts
MPG muchly also depends on your usual journey lengths - you often get better mpg on longer runs.I have just looked at the Honest John figures for our sportage 2.0 crdi and they are lower than the mpg we actually get - but we do not usually do short journeys - short journeys are mpg killers especially in winter.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.0 T-GDI 3 black 2021
17 Posts
We’ve had ours since December and achieving 46+mpg on average which includes short journeys
If its a new car it might feel a bit underpowered for the first 3 - 4 thousand miles then ours just took off, feeling a lot more responsive

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you do regular (commuting) return journeys of less 34 miles with occasional longer journeys then I would, and did, opt for a PHEV. Ok it's pricy compared to a 1ltr petrol but the figures don't lie. It can be a lot cheaper to run.

The pic is between fill ups and from just under half full to full was £35 and charging costs on octopus go cheap tariff was just under a tenner.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Trip computer Tachometer

Rectangle Font Parallel Plot Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't know if this is an old way of thinking, but wondering if engines still need a running in period? Be interesting to see if they improve at all after 10-20k miles on them..
Hi & Welcome.

Running in a car has long since gone with improved construction methods.

But you will see better MPG over time.

Note biggest difference in MPG is caused by right foot (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
800 miles with £45 worth of fuel/leccy? That is impressive.

Good point iooi. Unfortunately it'll be my wife driving it mainly and she drives with the accelerator either on or off, lol

·
Registered
2021 XCeed 3 1.6 CRDI ISG MHEV in Phantom Black
44 Posts
I have a 1.6 diesel mild hybrid and my 52 mile round trip daily commute I get around 58mpg. The 1.6 petrol Sportage loan car I am in at the moment is doing 34mpg on the same run (OK, it's a bigger body), but when I looked at the 1.0 Xceed petrol when buying mine, it suggested 34mpg and that's what I was getting on the Toytota I traded in hence my opt for the diesel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

My wife and I love the xceed. Took one out for a test drive the other week. 1.0 petrol manual, 2020 plate.

Only thing putting me off is I use the honest John website for "real world mpg". It puts it at 37 mpg which is quite low when it's claimed mpg is 47mpg

Can anyone confirm what sort of mpg they are getting?

Thanks
Getting 37.12mpg from my wife's 1.0T. It's done nearly 5k miles since we bought it new last September. That's measured brim-to-brim using Road Trip app, although the OBC is pretty accurate. It hasn't really improved with miles. She does mostly short journeys around town.

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
Getting 37.12mpg from my wife's 1.0T. It's done nearly 5k miles since we bought it new last September. That's measured brim-to-brim using Road Trip app, although the OBC is pretty accurate. It hasn't really improved with miles. She does mostly short journeys around town.
There is your answer.
Kia's take a while to warm up. Not uncommon to see 5 miles in cold weather before upto normal temp.

Even my Hybrid can return sub 30 mpg on short trips in cold weather

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is your answer.
Kia's take a while to warm up. Not uncommon to see 5 miles in cold weather before upto normal temp.

Even my Hybrid can return sub 30 mpg on short trips in cold weather
Yep. Not complaining. Quite happy with 37mpg. I did try and talk her into an EV but she wasn't having it. She could probably do a week of commuting and trips to Asda on a single charge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts