Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

I have just got a 59 Plate 2.0 Diesel 4WD Titan (59 Plate).

My first test on MPG has come in at around 30MPG. This was a mix of numerous short Stop/Start journeys and 2 100 Mile journeys on Motorway and A Roads.

Could you respond with what you guys are getting as 30MPG is a lot less than I thought.

Also, the fuel gauge was very low and no warning light came on.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are quite a few threads on the site about fuel consumption and warning lights.

The warning light comes on when you have roughly 12 litres left and the needle is close to empty. In 20K miles of driving my Sportage it's come on just once.

Around 30 MPG at this time of year for ther sort of drive you've mentioned is probably not untypical (I assume it was 2 x 100 and not 2100 miles of motorway). Low temperature does make a difference (test figures are done around 20C) as the oil is cold and it takes much longer for the enigne to reach working temperature. Also you tend to have the fan on high, the heated rear window on - and in the Titan even the heated seats - plus lights, all of which burns a bit more fuel (the energy has to come from somewhere).

I'm managing around 34 MPG at the moment on mixed driving..but little of it is truly 'stop-start'.

Richard

PS - I assume yours is a manual?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi I was getting between 30 & 34 this time last year and doing about 34 at the moment with the cold weather.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. It has been cold recently and I have been using the heated seats.

Yes my Sportage is a Manual. I am considering getting a Diesel Tuning Chip.

Cheers

Edited by: jdcb1969

1 - 4 of 4 Posts