Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to what MPG people are getting im averaging around 49MPG (15 plate manual 1.4 CRDI) thats mainly urban driving but once or twice a week usage on the motorway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've logged all my fuel use since I've had my 2012 Kia Rio from new. I've done 70320 miles and used 6005 litres which works out at 53.2 mpg. Readout on dash indicates 57.3. Most miles have been A roads so stay 50-60mph. Engine is 1.25 petrol

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I purchased my Kia 1.4 D was brand new and was different. I will explain.

As I am driving mostly on Motorways and I am the only driver the car giving me different MPG.

Brand new to 30 000 miles I couldn't get more than 48MPG

Between 30 000 and 60 000 improved and I got 64 - 68 MPG

Between 60 000 and Present 97 000 miles I got 72 - 76 MPG.

The route is exactly the same for the last 5 years.

I have noticed that there is a difference in mileage when I use different petrol stations. The most effective fuel I use BP. I got more range compare then the rest petrol stations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I get around 70 MPG about two-thirds motorway driving. 1.1 CRDi

The OBC figure is very innacurate, I often get it reading high 90s, so I calculate the MPG using the recorded mileage each time I fill up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I purchased my Kia 1.4 D was brand new and was different. I will explain.

As I am driving mostly on Motorways and I am the only driver the car giving me different MPG.

Brand new to 30 000 miles I couldn't get more than 48MPG

Between 30 000 and 60 000 improved and I got 64 - 68 MPG

Between 60 000 and Present 97 000 miles I got 72 - 76 MPG.

The route is exactly the same for the last 5 years.

I have noticed that there is a difference in mileage when I use different petrol stations. The most effective fuel I use BP. I got more range compare then the rest petrol stations.

Interesting, I have head anecdotally that new engines can be worse for MPG than ones with a few miles on them as they need to "loosen up" - but those figures look pretty extreme. You will obviously be more used to the car so that might explain the figures a bit. I found that tyres make a difference, are you using energy savers now or anything like that?

I found Shell diesel was best when I was driving a Ford Mondeo, will try BP and see if that's better for the Rio. I get about 600 miles to a tank which is ~ 70 MPG (usually 38 litres to fill)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts