Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 18mths of ownership and trying desperately to get above 40mpg ive cracked it,before setting off to the lake district on holiday i decided to have a delve around under the bonnet to check water pipes and security of all things that fall off when you dont want them to.I found a small air pipe split under the intercooler pipe at the back of bulkhead it looks from its position that less than careful removal of the intercooler can damage it [not sure if it controls turbo pressure or what?] but the difference has been amazing i got 50mpg while running around the lakes and a roads and 46mpg on the motorway, it just goes to show it pays to keep an eye on things and tyre pressures,it could be the start of long term ownership even with the vibration at 1500revs and a bit of a clatter underneath which i think may be anti roll drop arms or bushes but cant detect movement

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks for the tip, will take a look under the bonnet, if it ever stops raining!

I've never been able to detect any movement in my anti roll bar drop links either, just replace them when I hear the tell tale clonk!
Mark.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive taken a picture of the pipe and location which is situated behind and below the rear of the intercooler pipe driver side it goes in to a round component 50ml in diameter but i cant find how to upload the picture im sure there must be an easy way i could email it to the forum but god only knows where it would go

·
Registered
56 Posts
HI HOTBOXCHARLIE,
IS IT THE PIPE WHICH COMES FROM THE INTER-COOLER ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 5MM FUEL PIPE

AND PASSES THROUGH A METAL BRACKET, ALSO THE PIPE IS PROTECTED BY A FOAM SLEEVE, HEADING TOWARDS THE BULKHEAD INTO A METAL TUBE [LIKE A FUEL FILTER/IN LINE TYPE]IF NOT I COULD GIVE YOU MY E-MAIL ADDRESS SO YOU COULD SEND THE PHOTO DIRECTLY.

GRIFF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts