Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 9 years driving a 4x4 running costs are catching up and am considering changing for a fwd possible a creed SW or a rio subject to looking at boot space.

Can anyone else done the switch I just can't remember how bad it was driving a fwd car.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
its difficult to say, i have no trouble with either, driven disco's, range rovers and land rovers, but due to costs have not had one for 4 years, now drive my paccanto dynamics following a KA, my wife has a rear wheel drive BMW. the thing i miss is the size and comfort, if i could afford one i'd have a sportage . if you don't drive in field etc then shouldn't need a 4x4, winter tyres and snow chains (don't tell your insurance) OR DO.

the thing that you may miss is diff lock and low box and size, but fwd are fine and the savings in cost are mega

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've just made the switch from a rear wheel drive Mercedes C-class that I'd driven for the last 7 years into a Ceed Hatchback.

I too would have gone for a 4x4 version of the Sportage if I could have afforded one. But then again if I could REALLY afford it I'd have ordered a Range Rover Evoque (come on lottery win!)

Only had the Ceed since Thursday, but not regretting it. It's a totally different type of car and a different driving experience but by no means a bad one!

I made the switch to cut my motoring costs... gone from £260 road tax, 32mpg and zero warranty to £30 road tax, 50-60mpg and 7 years of warranty.

I considered going for the SW estate, but as the hatchback boot was large enough for most of my needs I decided the 3 spec of this made more sense as it has better fuel consumption and falls into the £30 road tax bracket unlike the same spec estate version.

If the Cee'd hatch or SW is on your consideration list, I'd get down your Kia dealer quickly as they have an amazing offer on the C'eed range at the moment until end December 2011 - Zero VAT. That makes it dirt cheap for a new car - I still can't believe I got a brand spanking new car so cheaply... I've seen six month old ex demonstrators for sale costing the same/more than I paid for a new one!!!.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the details reply micman, as it happened we went down to the dealer sunday and walked out with a Soul......yes we went looking at a c'eed or c'eed sw and got a soul. The soul was not even on our list but frankly the deal was good and the soul was actually better for us size wise then the ceed; me the wife and a dog don't really need a huge SW and the c'eed got ruled out cos of the up down boot.

So far so good minor issue with an alloy but should get that sorted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cool Crazynight! Another newbie to Kia like myself.

I think if more people ventured into a Kia dealership they too would be very surprised by the quality and value of their cars. Friends of mine have been amazed how good it is - they all thought I'd lost the plot when I told them I was swapping a Merc for a Kia!! But that's stereotyping and badge snobbery for you, once you overcome that you can feel quite smug that you have such a great value car.

Enjoy the Soul... and the lower running costs!

Edited by: micman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts