Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks Is there anything in the pipeline for above. i prefer diesel to petrol but 90 bhp is just a bit low for me.... would love the 1.7 134 bhp.... any news ??

·
Registered
525 Posts
Not seen anything on any forum/site/review about the 1.7 going in the rio, i think they get a 1.6 (possibly turbo) petrol in the states that is about 140 BHP though......

·
Registered
525 Posts
Loyal Bear said:
Hello Folks Is there anything in the pipeline for above. i prefer diesel to petrol but 90 bhp is just a bit low for me.... would love the 1.7 134 bhp.... any news ??

Have you actually tried a 1.4, surprisingly peppy, quite torquey too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Rio 3 Eco-dynamics and it is very torquey. I am not a racer, nor do I use my car for racing but just for fun: I've left a lot of cars in my Rear View mirror including 1.6 Astras to Fiestas (after they flashed to race)Hope this Helps :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Cross contry i can just about keep tabs on my sister in our clio 172 cup (with 200BHP), obviously i am a significantly more skilled wheel man than she is, but genuinly its a nippy little beast if you want to crack on. Smashes the fuel economy though...mid 30s!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I miss my 172cup...what a little go-kart that was. <3

·
Registered
525 Posts
The one i share with myisa 53 plate172 cup with the 202 moreago upgrade and i refreshed the dampers, and removed the A/Cwhen i got it. Runs P-zero Neros on the road And Avon semi slicks on 15" steelies on track days.

Otherwise looks standard so its a bit of a sleeper. I can happilly run rings aroud"Benjamin" in his daddys 911 on track days. It will be a sad day when i have to part with it, no idea what it will get replaced with, i like the idea of the £2500 RX8 like they have on piston heads, but driving down to the 'Ring would be costly!

Its the best pocket rocket ever made, end of.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice Boz. I was gonna go for the Moreago upgrade but went for 4X4 love instead and got hold of a bug eye Impreza WRX. Two beautiful cars in very different ways!

Best up to or equal to 2.0l cars I think with the 2001 Civic TypeR and 1996 Integra TypeR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts