Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife's 2019 Venga has recently started to emit a short sequence of beeps when unlocking and opening the driver's door. Only lasts for a few seconds and seems to be coming from the rear of the car. The beeps stop on their own, i.e. not associated with starting the car or any other action.

We have checked the usual things like door locks, seatbelts, etc and all seems ok in that regard.

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Any ideas?
If everything in the car is working normally and there are no associated problems arising from the beep phenomenon, I would suggest turning off the fuse switch in the internal fusebox for 20 minutes if the Venga is so equipped.

It may save you a trip to the KIA dealer but do not lock the car while you wait for 20 minutes as it disables the central locking/unlocking. Note any readings from trip meters if they are important to you as they will disappear. Otherwise, everything else should remain 'as was'.

If you are lucky when you reset the switch, it might cure that glitch and avoid the need to book it into the dealership.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Indalo. Thanks for your response. Only just had a chance to try your suggestion and pleased to say that it has worked. There's a master fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel which I took out. Waited 20 minutes and then put it back in. Hey presto, problem solved.

As you thought, all trip counter info was reset, along with the clock, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts