Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just throught i would be good to see want mods people have made to there proceeds
post some pics
cheers

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Silly simple additions from me.

When i first got the car I joined a forum and had these made up - sorry admin & mods
Didn't venture to this site until later

I then removed the Kia badge and added my own - nickname/username - now gone and original badge refitted due to stick at work!!!
ProCeed badge added a few weeks later after debadging the rear.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wind deflectors added to stop the brats in the back getting the brunt of the wind in the summer.
Car lowered 30mm on Kia Eilbachs

I then removed and painted the chrome grille strips after toying with both being red, one red one black !!

Edited by: drakey

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I purchased some posh matts but didn't like the state of them on family journeys so have some cheapy ones protecting them, red trim of course :)

Next - alloys, and cut down rally flaps to protect my already chipped paintwork!!!
(oh - and I had my calipers painted a while back too)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
So that's it I think, did have a bee sting aerial but the reception was poo.
The boot full of cleaning kit and I've a sad amount of photos of it - sorry it's not expensive mods but it's a head turner around my neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
......it's a sad day when Kates Picanto's cleaner than mine :(

Sorry - hijacked the thread - hope you all don't mind.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dont look to bad that and you dont see many modified Kia's running around ( I have been modding cars for years). the only thing I would do is fit bigger alloys with a lower profile tyre. Another thing that would luke cool is maybe adding the front lip from a seat Leon Cupra.
Edited by: BanditGT

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Agree - the sporty bumper for the X-Ceed looks great but a Lip/splitter would finish off the front.
Tempted with bigger alloys but I was running 225/35/18's on my Vectra. On these Norfolk roads and the milage I do (100 round trip to work!!) I'd need a neck brace - my ARB's need replacing as it is!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Steve - a few pictures from my dealers - the White one is the one that tempted me into the showroom
A fraction over my budget otherwise it would have been mine :/

Sorry these are not Pros - would like to know if the front bumpers fit the Pros

·
Registered
226 Posts
They look cool. Which front apron is that?

I love modding cars and over the last 10 years I must of spent 20 grand or so on mods, thats one reason I bought a Kia to try and stop me LOL.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool nice car how do i remove the chrome on the grill might paint mine red would look nice as the car is red how do you paint them cheers

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Open bonnet, above grille there's a cover which comes of after removing a few plastic centre pinned rivit thingys !!!
I used a dumpy screwdriver - each strip is screwed in at each end, then prised out -
I tried sanding and spraying them first, at the moment they're black hammerite lol

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Right - `see what the hubby thinks` - your female I`m guessing!
You love the Alloys on the XCeed

You used the phrase `the tits` when describing them

You own a Pro

...and have a cool user name which I wish I`d thought of.

I`m gonna have to speak to my wife !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I`m not sure how they`re made up, basically its just a sticker pack - after market alloys and the sports kit (bumpers and skirt)
The white one was a 90bhp 1.6 Crdi, simple interior, just a load of add ons and a bigger price tag.

I`m unsure if it`s a specific Ceed model...don`t think it is. I`d imagine if you were to ask the dealers for an XCeed most would give you a funny look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, female

'the tits' I think is actually hubby's influence, he always says it
We own a white pro, 4 spec, so I really do think those alloys would look awesome
And I am very proud of my username

...but what do u need2 talk 2 your wife about??? Lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes dear, but we'd agreed on those alloys before I saw the other ones! Don't tell me u don't think the XCeed alloys look the tits?? Anyway, I have2 change my mind every now n then, keep u on ya toes........

1 - 20 of 55 Posts