Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi could any 1 tell the defference between mk1 and the mk2 sedona i have 2004 sedona thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm certainly no expert but to get the ball rolling here isa smallselection that come to mind. I would be glad for anyone to add to the list and correct any errors.

Mk 2 model introduced June 2006. Easily identified by not having the air scoop on the bonnet.

Power increased from 143 B.H.P. to 182 B.H.P. - Both at 3,800 rpm.

Max. torque from 228 lb ft at 2000 rpm to 253 lb ft at 1750 rpm.

Overall length reduced with some loss of internal space at the back I think?

Improved turning circle.

Rear disk brakes in place of drums but still with drums for parking brake.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bluey said:
I'm certainly no expert but to get the ball rolling here isa smallselection that come to mind. I would be glad for anyone to add to the list and correct any errors.

Mk 2 model introduced June 2006. Easily identified by not having the air scoop on the bonnet.

Power increased from 143 B.H.P. to 182 B.H.P. - Both at 3,800 rpm.

Max. torque from 228 lb ft at 2000 rpm to 253 lb ft at 1750 rpm.

Overall length reduced with some loss of internal space at the back I think?

Improved turning circle.

Rear disk brakes in place of drums but still with drums for parking brake.
I always thought the MK2 model was late 2001/early 2002 when they changed the diesel engine from TDI to CRDI(The bonnet scoop is just the diesel model) Headlights/wings bonnet/bumpers changed as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your probably right bruno, thanks for pointing it out. My comments probably only refer to the post 2006 model. I'm fairly new to the Sedona and as I said I'm no expert, but at least it was a start.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bluey said:
Your probably right bruno, thanks for pointing it out. My comments probably only refer to the post 2006 model. I'm fairly new to the Sedona and as I said I'm no expert, but at least it was a start.
Hi
We all learn by asking and reading replies , no one will put you down for chipping in and helping , and welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts