Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never heard so many people moan about nothing in all my life. I have bought my car and
Generally love it. The thing I'm starting to get frustrated with is this forum, it's become a bad habbit checking the new posts, I hoped it would help with any advice I may need for the future but it makes me paranoid that all is doom and gloom.
Mr unhappy is the latest to spit his dummy out and
Advise people not to buy and wish he hadn't bothered because things haven't gone his way immediately. That is not the way to complain.
The grass appears greener elsewhere........bet it isn't.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Complaining about alloys and leather seats is getting a bit boring. Kia obviously fix the problems and accept there is an issue which I'm sure will gradually be eradicated as the build process changes.!!! The sat nav is crap!!!! That's just an opinion. The Bluetooth issues appear to be generally from people who can't work there own phone. The MPG is all dependant on how and where you drive. So far my car is getting 450 miles on a tank of diesel. That's acceptable and I expect it to improve.
I happened to look at a rio post where some muppet is moaning how can he improve his 50 mpg rio diesel to get better mpg. Should he put new alloy wheels on. I suggest he puts holes in the floor and runs like Fred Flinstone
Lol I'm moaning myself now

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm also on the Chrysler forum. It's the same on there.
People generally don't join the forum to say how good thier cars are to but to ask questions when things go wrong, or to moan and make thier personal feelings known.

Hence the reason, you'll see nothing but faults, or complaints.

I went through the exact same feelings when I first joined the 300c forum.

Rise above it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the other hand, as a soon to be first time Kia owner, the moans have been quite useful knowing what to keep an eye out for.

It is also good to see that the moans are all of the same, relatively minor thing, and things that Kia seem willing to rectify. I have not seen anything major to put me off, (lol too late anyhow!).

You are right, people do come on forums to vent some steam/anger etc, however from my point of view, if all they have to do is moan about the seats and alloys and mpg, 2 of which, Kia will alter, hopefully on my car in production, then I've not got much to worry about. Certainly no complaints about major mechanical faults etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been a member of a couple of Lotus forums for years, close to 10 now, and most of the posts are related to issues, be they problems with the car soon after buying, or issues that result as the car gets older and things just start to break.
Rarely do people make the effort to spout the virtues of their car. When things go wrong, they want to know if the issue is a known one, what others did about it and what KIA managed to do and how long it all took.

Whilst it can be annoying to read all of these negative posts, it does help others to determine if the issues they are having are unique or known about and whether its an easy or complex fix.
One thing to take into consideration is the volume of sales that KIA are having with the new Sportage and the volume of complaints that then seem to occur. I have no way of knowing the number of people that regularly sign into this forum, but I doubt if it 5% of them that then have something to complain about and most of those complaints are repeats and usually about the 3 favorites already mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with garynic, this guy (Mr Unhappy) - big clue - has posted his moan of 'don't touch KIA' on most recent posts.

He's not even sticking to the post topic - even although he started one of his own!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm on the Citroen DS3 forum as well as the Lexus forum. Needless to say, not so many complaints with Lexus, more info seeking. DS3club tends to be split between people that love the car (fair enough - I really liked mine) and recurring issues.

Forum's can be great places for info but sometimes people have unrealistic expectations about their cars. For example no manufacturer will EVER admit that an issue that occurs regularly is down to poor design, even if they agree to fix the problems that subsequently arise.

BTW, I like my Sportage more and more every day!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was reading all the complaints on this forum for 3 months before i got my sportage. by the time i got it, i was totally paranoid, with all the downsides to the car i had read about.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
now that i have been driving it for almost 2 months, i have realized how trivial most of the complaints were, and that a lot of what has been said just isnt within reality. i knew what car i was buying, and i didnt expect rolls royce quality.
personally, i am thoroughly pleased with my sportage, and i am enjoying every minute of my driving.
yes, there are some trivial little bits and pieces that if i wanted to make a fuss about i could, but they are TRIVIAL. i am a proud sportage owner, and loving it

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi. I agree with these comments. There are some funny people on here. look at some posts. Some even go to the extreme of believing that the full leather on the KX-3 is actually plastic just to find fault! Anyway, the only 2 problems I have had (sunroof wind noise and alloys) have all been sorted out quickly and with minimal of fuss. Like you I knew I had not bought a Lexus so you expect a 'budget' brand like Kia to have some quality issues but my dealer at least seems to really care about the customer and their cars.Anyway, Kiaare on the way up and my Kia puts a smile on my face every day!

Chris

·
Registered
245 Posts
Totally agree that most of the info on forums is nothing but mindless moaning, but you have to take it all with a pinch of salt. Reading between the posts there is valuable information and the ability to share and learn about common issues.

If you believed every forum post you read or any magazine review for any make of car - you would in fact never buy a car because every single one of them is SH!T in one way or another.

After studying the reviews etc you have to decide to buy a car because it delivers on the points that matter to you. It is often easy to think the grass is greener on the other side.

As far as I'm concerned with my new Kia C'eed: Yes it delivers on cheap road tax at £30, has a big enough boot for my needs, has all important 4 doors, looks sporty - nice alloys etc, easy to drive, has all the power I need it to have and can cruise happily on the motorway for longer runs, has a great level of modern spec and safety features, has the reassurance of a 7 year warranty and cost me peanuts to buy new compared to anything else out there. So am I happy... YES

The MPG isn't quite living up to the claimed 60+, but then I am not constantly doing long motorway journeys. After 4,500k on the clock it has improved to 500 miles on a tank and averaging 48mpg on my commute, Compare this to my last car that only averaged 32mpg at best and I am still very very happy.

Perhaps time will tell, but I have no problem with Kia and when I sold my Merc I had no problem with them either - in fact I would be happy to buy a car again from any manufacturer of my previous cars.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
You will find this on most forums you do not hear praise.I am the opposite if there is praise to be given i will give it .We have 6 KIA S in family from Sorento, Rio and 2 Picanto Auto and 2 Pcanto manual and totally satisfied.

·
Registered
245 Posts
BIRDMAN said:
You will find this on most forums you do not hear praise.I am the opposite if there is praise to be given i will give it .We have 6 KIA S in family from Sorento, Rio and 2 Picanto Auto and 2 Pcanto manual and totally satisfied.

My sister too has been running a Picanto since buying it new in 2004. She has had no major issues whatsoever. In fact only last week she had her first biggie! - the clutch go - so needs a new clutch. Yes a pain, but when you consider this is the only major expense she has had in the last 8 years outside of routine maintenance it is pretty amazing. Add that to the fact it cost her 7k brand new - the car has in fact turned out to be extremely cheap to live with and own for 8 years and still going strong!!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
DidcotPaul said:
Well said Gary, completely agree!

As for Mr Unhappy .... he must be a plant from a competitor because he just trolls the forum posting anti-Kia rubbish wherever he can! !
Hi DidcotPaul, I am not a plant from another competitor. I am a family man who works hard for his money and expects value for money and a company to uphold their warranty agreement they have with me.
I do hope you dont have any issues with your Kia that would be very expensive to sort out yourself.
As I have mentioned to one member who also argees with me. What car dealer would give me a good trade in on a 12 month car with 8k on the clocks that had scabby alloys on it. Not even a Kia dealership would overlook the scabby wheels with a comment like (dont worry sir the condition of the wheels will not affect your trade in). I dont think so, Do you?
I feel I have a right to moan. Unlike yourself I suppose you would just say, never mind my shiny car has Crap wheels!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr unhappy, Kia has already set a precidant with the wheels via the Auto express route. If the dealer won't play ball it's not really Kia to blame. As for part ex price I think u will find most dealers don't give a stuff. Look at the majority of cars on the road, the wheels are scuffed and refurb is a thriving business costed into the prep costs of used cars. When I bought my car the dealer never even saw my part ex. I was given above book, indeed more than the BMW stealer I bought it from. I was offered a jump from a 58 plate car to an 09 plate (higher spec) for the same money that i ended up paying for my KIA. most people (who don't own one ) believe BMW Audi etc are the bees knees. Let me tell you they are not.
BTW the BMW wheels were completely refurbished on mine before I bought it ...so what ? It really is no big deal.
Whatever you decide though I would be very surprised if they weren't replaced.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I wished I'd have thought of calling myself Mr Unhappy.
I quite enjoy being controversial.

Maybe you should change your name to Mr CJR6YZF and let me have it instead. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This place still makes me chuckle.....the latest rounds of moans are about the speedo not displaying KMH well enough, but the best one is about the folding mirrors. we have kindly been given the rather complicated (to me anyway)alternative to having to press a button and someone is saying what a great idea but what will KIA do when the extra wear and tear wears the mirrors out......you really could not make it up ! and finally don't get me started on the rejecting a car as it doesnt have TMC or whatever it is

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I agree on the folding mirrors.
When the motor wears out, Kia are just gonna laugh at the warranty claim.

Although, I must agree, that it's really difficult to press that button. :)

in the olden days, we used to have to wind windows down by hand, but couldn't reach the mirroros as they were on stalks on the wing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts