Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Picked up a 2009 CRDI GS model last week and have a question about access to the third row of seats. The manual states that the walk-in device is activated by pulling down on the level on the top corner of the second-row seats. It seems to imply these seats are supposed to fold, then slide forwards automatically allowing access to the back. On mine, pulling the levers simply causes them to tip fowards. I then have to reach underneath and then push on the adjuster bar to slide either of the 60/40 seats forwards.

Had it booked into a KIA dealer today for a separate engine surging issue to be sorted and the technician didn't know whether this was by design or it's a fault. Unfortunately there wasn't another 7 seater Carens available to test as a comparison.

Does anyone else have the same issue or am I misunderstanding the manual?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Spdtrpl,

I have a 2009 MK3 7 seater and my mechanism works fine. Pulling the lever cause the seatback to fold and to slide forward a few inches.
however - and I've not tried this - I think that if the second row seats are already at the forward position then only the back will fold. I always keep mine in the rearmost position.

As you say you can get them to slide by pushing on the adjuster bar then it sounds like you have a fault. I assume there's a cable linkage from the lever to the adjuster bar that's not lifting it.
I'll have a good look in the morning when it's light!

Re your surging - ensure dealer installs CAMPAIGN 110011 which is the latest update and that the vehicle has had the modified EGR valve fitted - released about 12 months ago. This update seems to have completely cured my surging problem! (Fingers crossed)

Will post back tomorrow - my curiosity has been aroused!

Cheers,

Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Quiltman. I had a feeling it wasn't working as intended. The Kia tech didn't know at first but sided with my opinion once he'd had a look at the seat and the diagram on the upper lever which has directional arrows for the seat reclining and moving forward.

I'm off with the family camping in France tomorrow but I'll book it in for a warranty repair when I get back.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts