Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2001 16v 2l petrol Sportage. The other day I was checking the car before a long journey and I heard a hissing sound from the back of the engine. I felt for something loose and something did indeed fall away. The problem is I cant find what. There is now a vacuum take of at the end of the inlet manifold nearest the bulk head with nothing connected and I cant find what should be. The take off is just above the earth connection at rear of the engine. there is a cut out on plastic engine cover that just about allows you to see it. it is a small take off about 1/8 of an inch in diameter. could some one have a look and see whats connected please. I did go to my local dealer but they did not know either. Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
887 Posts
The vac takeoff you have found is blanked of by a small rubber plug, thats splits and falls off over time.
Find your self a short bit of snug fitting vac pipe, and stick a screw in the end, sorted, your check lamp will probably come on with a cat efficency fault, this is down to this plug missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I sealed it off the moment I found it open with a short length of pipe with the end folded over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts