Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update regarding the lack of map colours on the navigation screen.
I emailed Kia support regarding the "black or white" theme only on the EV6, stating that most other (Recent) Kia models have a choice of nav. map colours. On a £41,000 + car I believe this is should be standard.
The reply I got was disappointing.

I sent this email to Kia support:
To:[email protected]

Sat, 5 Mar at 15:12

Dear Tony
Thank you for your prompt reply to my letter. I have the latest software and keep an eye on the relevant webpage for any updates. I was aware of the black or white option available on the EV6 but my questions related to why is the EV6 the only current model with GEN 5 software that does not have the "coffee" colour map background options . Another question was will we be getting this option soon. As I said in my original letter, this car cost me £41,000 and looking at other KIA models before I settled for the EV6 and looking at the advertising for KIA , reading online about a change to KIA navigation software to add a black option to the existing Coffee colours I expected mine to have this.
If you could please answer the two questions I have outlined above and in the letter I wrote to Mr Philpott and again I remind you.
Question : Why does the GEN5 software on the EV6 not have this option
Question : Will EV6 owners be getting this option soon.

Regards
Roy Chipperfield

The Reply

Dear Mr Chippingfield

Thanks for your patience.

We've investigated your question and I can confirm that the EV6, and future models, will have the black and white themes only.

Currently, we have no plans for this to change but we appreciate your feedback. It's important that customers inform us of anything they feel we could improve on and I've forwarded your comments to the relevant department for future consideration.

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards

Tony Ryan
Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia UK Limited

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Hi.
Never knew that.
But you will see complaints from Gen5 users over the coffee colours being to bland & hard to view the roads. Personally I have gone to dark mode & find that the best for my eyes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update regarding the lack of map colours on the navigation screen.
I emailed Kia support regarding the "black or white" theme only on the EV6, stating that most other (Recent) Kia models have a choice of nav. map colours. On a £41,000 + car I believe this is should be standard.
The reply I got was disappointing.

I sent this email to Kia support:
To:[email protected]

Sat, 5 Mar at 15:12

Dear Tony
Thank you for your prompt reply to my letter. I have the latest software and keep an eye on the relevant webpage for any updates. I was aware of the black or white option available on the EV6 but my questions related to why is the EV6 the only current model with GEN 5 software that does not have the "coffee" colour map background options . Another question was will we be getting this option soon. As I said in my original letter, this car cost me £41,000 and looking at other KIA models before I settled for the EV6 and looking at the advertising for KIA , reading online about a change to KIA navigation software to add a black option to the existing Coffee colours I expected mine to have this.
If you could please answer the two questions I have outlined above and in the letter I wrote to Mr Philpott and again I remind you.
Question : Why does the GEN5 software on the EV6 not have this option
Question : Will EV6 owners be getting this option soon.

Regards
Roy Chipperfield

The Reply

Dear Mr Chippingfield

Thanks for your patience.

We've investigated your question and I can confirm that the EV6, and future models, will have the black and white themes only.

Currently, we have no plans for this to change but we appreciate your feedback. It's important that customers inform us of anything they feel we could improve on and I've forwarded your comments to the relevant department for future consideration.

In the meantime, if there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards

Tony Ryan
Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia UK Limited
I also have contacted Kia wrt this problem. I didn't get the disappointing answer you got. It's a shame, as I think the black background is cr** and very difficult to see the roads. I paid £49k for a car that I have to use apple or Google maps on.....in all their glorious colours!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts