Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, I've just bought a 2003 (03) XE
. Sorry for the barrage of questions but wondered if anyone could help?

It comes with both keys but no blipper. Would it have come with blippers originally?

If possible I'm after buying some blippers for it but wondered ifanyonecould offer advice about buyingnew blippers (cheaper than dealer??).

Also the service book is Missing In Action! Do Kia Dealers keep a centralised log of services carried out on a Kia? I am going to see if I can trace some of the history (assuming the early services were done at the original Kia garage!). Where is the best place to buy a replacement service booklet? Seen some on eBay and will be ringing my local Kia garage for a price on Monday.

Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks again

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi and welcome from another newbie Sorento owner, only had mine a few weeks. By what I have read so far understand the immobilizer chip is embedded in the key but remote blippers can be programmed to your car by yourself in a simple action, if this is correct you should find a couple on Ebay. I may be wrong and I am sure someone with a lot more experience than me will be along soon.

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Ed! I've read a few posts about '04 onwards blippers and how people of programmed them at home. I'll keep an eye outfor further posts. All the best, Natalie

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi i have a 54 plate xe which has 2 blipers thgat came with .did you buy from a car dealer if so they should supplie the blippers if you bought private ask the person if it had them he may have lost them. steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your replies. Just to update with progress for anyone else who may have the same questions in future.....

We bought a new service book from our local Kia dealer for £16 plus vat. We found where the car was registered by googling the reg plate (www.vregs.com). We called all the Kia dealers in the area and one came up trumps. They checked their database and had details of the first three warranty services. We've arranged to send the service book to them via recorded delivery and they are happy to stamp the book for all three. They will then send it on to the garage we purchased the car from so that they can stamp it with their service stamp before we collect the car later this week. It's missing two stamps after this but we might need to follow these up with the previous owner; thecarsalesmansaid the previous owner had services carried out at a non-Kia garage locally.

We also went to our local Kia dealer who supplied two new blippers at a cost of £49 each plus vat (couldn't find the three button model blipper on eBay which appears to be used on the 03 plates; seems to change to a four button model for 04 onwards?). When we pick up the car they can code in both new blippers for a total cost of £50. I will of course look at the self-programme option first!

Hope this helps someone else too. Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts