Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Before buying the car I made a VIN check and I saw that the car had to have a height and a telescopic adjustable steering wheel. However, my ceed has an only height-adjustable steering wheel. It's a somewhat equipped car with climate control, 4 auto power-windows and I was surprised somehow. Could this be just an error in the VIN check or maybe the steering wheel column has been changed by the previous owner?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a 2008 LS model, having released the steering wheel it needed a good tug on the steering wheel to adjust.
I can't see how that is going to be missing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I release the steering wheel and I can change only it's height, despite how hard I try.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Since your car has Climate its a "3" or "LS" in the UK and would have had a telescopic column. But from your flag you are not in the UK, cars in your market could well have been very different. Contact your local Kia agent/importer for info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since your car has Climate its a "3" or "LS" in the UK and would have had a telescopic column. But from your flag you are not in the UK, cars in your market could well have been very different. Contact your local Kia agent/importer for info.
The car is imported from Italy, the VIN check says that the car should have telescopic column. Could the check been wrong or the column has been replaced with a non-telescopic? That's my main question...
However, I suspect that those generic VIN checks could sometimes be wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts