Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened was!! i stuck my foot on the gas to join the flow of traffic on the a30 last week and as i got to 3500 revs ish the carens[crdi] decided to go on 3 pots for about 2mls it did the same once before about 3mths ago, as i dont usually take it past 3000 i havent noticed it to be a problem i will change the fuel filter just incase but has anyone got sugestions?and are there any ecu updates for the general wellbeing of the car ,its 2005crdi 2ltr 66000mls and still no sign of gearbox probs, i use a local garage as the kia dealer is 30mls away

·
Registered
662 Posts
check the high pressure pump for leaks from the drive the pumps located on the n/s of the engine at the end they have a habit of leaking and this causes low rail pressure

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks paul i have checked, its all dry, i am going to have the fuel filter changed it dosent look as if its ever been done!!i have to really hammer it above 4000 to get it to missfire so im not too worried and theres no smoke ,well only on cold start but im having the glows checked and changed before too long that should help starting ,economy +keep the cat in good order ,cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts