Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Ceed 4 1.6 diesel manual.
When I use the rear window wash the rubber hose visible when you open the hatch, pops off what looks like a mini filter and pumps water into the inner gutter. Would appreciate if somebody could tell me if there should be a clip holding the rubber hose to the filter.
For the limited time that it does stay on it does its job of spraying the rear window.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
539 Posts
I tried to get a photo of the arrangement on my JD Proceed, which I assume will have the same arrangement. But I failed!

I'll have a look tomorrow in the light.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that prompted me to take a couple of pictures showing the side that blows off.
s

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
539 Posts
Just checked mine, and it is exactly the same. No clips or anything additional over yours.

I wonder there's a bit too much back pressure, forcing it to pop off? You could try clearing the jets and perhaps a small cable tie around the loose end.

·
Registered
892 Posts
try also blowing gently with compressed air if available, or a powerful spray can of any fluid that wont damage your paint or glass.
It's possible that the filter thingy is blocked, it is most likely a check valve/ one way vale and can be cleaned after removal.
after it is clean and all is confirmed ok, if it still blows off try a small cable tie to secure it . The rubber hose could be a bit soft, some times they stiffen in the cold.
some silicone sealant applied sparingly and left to set 24hr could also do the job.
hose joiners and filters for these lines are available in car parts shops if required, perhaps check valves also.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the hints and confirmation. I had a good look at the little filter yesterday and it's a check valve as well. So seeing as there are no clips missing thanks gdh300. I will replace the filter and check the rear washer jet. I thought about putting a clip on it but that would just transfer the problem somewhere else.....like inside the roof.
I'll come back when sorted thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts