Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in my life I am contemplating getting a new car, with KIA seeming a viable choice.

I have been looking at the RIO 1 (like it as its cheap!) or Cee'd Strike (prefer the styling and heard better things over the RIO)

My current car will only have a few more months left in it i think (Vauxhall Astra 1.6 mk3) , and with a baby on the way in the summer id like a replacement car sorted before he/she arrives!

It seems like i have missed out on the scrappage scheme :( however I may know someone who can help me out with a friends/family deal that KIA offers. This may allow me to get a Cee'd Strike for £9k.

I will probably have £4k available for the purchase and may be able to borrow the rest of the money from a relative to avoid expensive finance options of dealers.

With a baby on the way a new car with a 7 year warranty seems very appealing, however it seems servicing costs arent that cheap with KIAs.... therefore will it actually give me the savings and peace of mind id like to get?

Im in a bit of a dilemma as part of me is thinking that I should get a 2nd hand car with my £4k (or less) so im not in debt woith a baby and one of us working...but then dont have the peace of mind.

Would be interested in your thoughts.

M

·
Registered
99 Posts
you can get some good 2nd hand cars for 4k just remember how much you will lose in depreciation on a new car some have jaw dropping losses in the 1st year a check on some 1-2yr old cars at the dealers will give a good guide, good luck

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I bought my Ceed 1.4SR for £10,495 new one year later I traded it in fora 2006 Rio diesel and got £7,500 for it. Finance took up much of the trade in value but dropped £3,000 in a year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts