Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time no been here, to dam busy these days!!!Had the 2.0ltr over 12 months now and its going great!!!!
problem is the front tyres will not wear out???
got the michelin primacy 225x45x17 fitted, done 17500 still got 2mm before i hit the legal bar??? what the average for these tyres on the front, mind you i do not hammer round bends or spin the wheels which helps
thinking of changing brands as i have thought these tyres are not to good in the snow and ice??? maybe its the car? but i think its the tyres that are to hard?? Has anyone tried another brand and found improvements with ride, noise levels & traction in snow? Had thought about putting on a 225x55 instead to even out the bumps a bit but my local tyre man told me it would throw the speedo out unless i change the wheels as well as tyres?? I did do this years ago on a 3 series BMW with no probs. Love the car just want to improve it if possible.
hoping for some great feed back.
regards
Geoff

·
Registered
49 Posts
For ride comfort, any combination of 45 profile; Michelin; & Eco is not going to be great. To have all three is like riding downstairs on a tea tray

You will see from my comments in the other tyre post that my current favourites are Conti Sport-Contact, and I would highly recommend them. Better ride, noise levels, and real world grip by a margin.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ZTTMAN,will see info from the 2 posts, looks like it may have a good response? only looking for a softer ride with reasonable grip, the wear i am not to worried about if savings have been made on purchase price. love the car just the tyres noisy and not very good in the snow!
Many thanks
Geoff

Edited by: geoff 57

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
No 225 tyre will be any good in the snow, its just too wide. Our C-Max with 205's was always OK but the Ceed on 225'swas noticably less certain when the snow arrived last year, had a lot worse but it was just not as sure footed. More by luck than judgement I picked up a set of brand new 16" off e-bay, only been driven off the transporter and replaced by the garage before the owner took delivery, I was the only bidder. Once on the car it was way better even on the standard tyresbut I have put a set of Kleber Quadraxer tyres on the rims for this winter.
Just remember that if you change wheel or tyre size from that fitted at the factory you need to inform the insurance company since they consider it to be a modification. Mine were happy since they were a genuine Kia wheel/tyre size combinationfrom a lesser model and charged £0.00 for it but beware, some companies charge.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts