Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelin Tyres Proceed Sport

I would like feedback on wear rates I have replaced all four Primacy after only 18000 miles which I feel is unacceptable.
I have fitted Uniroyal Rain Sport 2, which I am finding good so far and they run quieter too.
I cover high mileages much of which are motorway, I check pressures weekly I took advice from Michelin when I first put this car to work, and they ran at 31 p.s.i.
I feel very disappointed as well as being nearly £400 out of pocket after only 6 months on a new car.
COMMENTS PLEASE

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Yesitsmeagin,
i changed my alloys and tyres as soon as i got my pro_ceed and put on 18's with a budget ''nexen'' tyre (225/40/18) and i run them at 32-33psi and after a year and 12500 mile i can report i still have about 6-7mm left on the fronts and 8-9mm on rears, it must be that they are a harder compound than your Primacy's but i have found the budget ones good and grippy in both the dry and the wet......
my journey is 80% motorway.

I only paid £570 for the wheels and tyres fitted

Cheers
Silver_pro

Edited by: Silver_Pro

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm gonna have to replace my 2 fronts after covering 22,000 miles.
Didn't think that was too bad, I was told the standard tyres compund would wear quite quickly

·
Registered
662 Posts
mitchelin sports are a very soft tyre 15k to 20 k is about right budget tyres tend to be harder compounds and will last longer but you will not get the same level of grip and they tend to be noisey ask your dealer for a range of tyres and prices

·
Registered
60 Posts
My fronts only lasted 12000miles - but it was a demo car for the 1st 7000 miles so it was probably thrashed!

Ive got Budget 'Heros' on the front now and yes there is very slightly more road noise but the grip is excellent, better than the michelins i think. Only time will tell about the wear though.....

Only cost £110 for 2 so very good value i think!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts