Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI am considering purchasing a new 2011 sportage and as i need to park it in my garage i have been trying to find out the width of the car excluding the mirrors.
I phoned a few dealers but none seem to have a clue and on line it only gives you the overall width.
I would be grateful if anyone can help.
I am trying to decide between the new VW Tiguan or the Kia Sportage are you happy with the Sportage.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Best info on width is 1855mm. Difficult to be totally accurate but within a couple of mm.
I had same choice Tiguan or Sportage, they both appear to be very good cars, I guess it comes down to value for money and, on this basis, I opted for the Sportage. Although VW is a very good brand and German build quality is excellent, I personally think Kia is really making progress and the build quality is now as good. Just look at the Kia Ceed's history and awards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply.1855mm is all i could i find as a measurement on Kia's website but i presume this is overall width without the mirrors folded back.
Most car manufacturers show a diagram of the vehicle with all the various measurements but all i can find is just the measurement of 1855mm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I also wandered about the width before purchase as I was unsure about parking in my garage. My garage door is 2.1m wide and when I drive in I have to close the mirrors or it would hit so I think the 1855mm they quote on the website is with the mirrors folded back but I can run a tape measure across the car tomorrow to be exact if you likeEdited by: gwilty

·
Registered
48 Posts
Attached is a scan of my spec sheet.

Both on the front and rear image the measurment says 1855mm...

However on the front image the opened mirrors look wider than the body, but on the rear image they do now....

Makes me think? Can it be?

I think the best solution is to drive the test vehicle to your house and try it in, with an onlooker just in case

How do you post images aaarrgghhhh!!!????

·
Registered
140 Posts
You must upload your image to a photoweb site or your own web site first.

Go to the QUICK REPLY section.
Click on the SEVENTH icon which will enable
the FULL REPLY EDITOR.
Click on the SIXTH icon on the top line which will take
you into IMAGE PROPERTIES.
On the right hand side paste the URL of your chosen
image (http://www. ETC) in the box alongside IMAGE URL.
Click preview button to verify you have the correct image.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why can't you upload directly from your computer ???? pffff

Anyway, i have a site, I'll upload it there first, tomorrow though, can't do it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts