Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks good Loz - can you tell us whats been done in that mileage ie clutches, tyres, engines,running gear, etc - I bet the service book comes in six volumes!Edited by: alcutler

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's had several brake pad/discs replacements mainly because they were binding. Averaged 40-60,000 miles each time. Until i did they brake push rod adjustment (thanks Al for that
) Now 100k easy.
Tyres OMG shed loads of B250's until i discovered GoodYear Wranglers and then Kuhmo and the geometry on the front adjusted under warranty...........eventually!

Gearbox/torque converter supplied and fitted under warranty in Spain. Vains broke up, shards got into oil then destroyed the gearbox. Told KIA about this for months and months there being a problem, they wouldn't belive me until it failed completly.

Service every 10k. All filters and longlife oil even though it's changed regular. (By me)

Crank and cam sensor (under warranty)
IMV (under warranty)
MAF (under warranty) these four items were replaced because they couldn't get to the bottom of a problem. I think it was IMV though.

Sliding door module up-grade (under warranty) Never had a problem since.

BULBS.........OMG it used to eat bulbs, headlight especially. Or did i should say. I stopped fitting cheap bulbs and only fit German made ones now. Problem solved.

It now needs Tailgate gas struts. These packed up after it spent the summer of 2010 in Spains 45 degree heat. I'm Just a tight sod and not bought them yet. Plus they sometimes hold the tailgate up, so not replaced. However, the tailsgate snotted the wife on the head the other day, so i'm thinking i'd better buy some before i get no tea.

I love this car i really do. Its great to drive now the tank filter can draw fuel in.

Other than problems during warranty it's just servicing tyres etc really.

I'll keep it now until it no longer goes. It's worthless and pointless selling it. I'd be lucky to get £3k for it due to mileage. Seeing as it's like new still and runs extremely, it will stay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for that Mate, Not bad at all for that mileage - they do seem a bit heavy on tyres especially the fronts - I put Kuhmos on mine - the garage that supplied them told me that they are now fitted as standard on new Kias, and they were a lot cheaper than the Bridgestones I was looking at.I've got a 2006 TS and its just got 28k on it - nice motors.
I think if I was you I would keep her going as you are - I think with regular servicing a big 2.9 diesel lump should run for ever - you could always put a recon engine at a later date if necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts