Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 21 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 sportage ISG4 1.6tdci
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've held off updating my maps, due to the speed indicator issue, and it was all working fine. The maps are now getting a bit old, so want to update. Have a couple of questions.
My vehicle is MY19 according to the VIN, but it's a 68 plate.
Not sure if the head unit is a gen5 or a gen5w. It has an 8in screen as far as I can tell. Car is ISG4
It uses an SD Card, would it be easier to buy a new SD card and load the new software to that, then if it all goes wrong, I've got a backup. If so, what type of SD card is supported.
Has the speed indicator issue been fixed?
Where on the website is the download link

I've attached a picture of my head unit details.

Sorry for all the questions.....
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Font

·
Registered
1.6 Kia Sportage 4 CRDI 2019
9 Posts
Looks like a Gen5, not a Gen5w. But i'd double check the MY19. My 19 plate Sportage uses MY18. Unless i've got mine all wrong! 🙈 I used the software version # to check which version of MY to use.

Regarding the SD card, ive always used the one supplied with the car and not bothered buying a new one, but your choice really.

Yes, the speed issue has been fixed.

Below is the link do download the software updater.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Downloaded the software updated to my pc. From using the model number of the head unit, it appears I use the MY18 software. I'd prefer to use a new SD card, as im too cautious for my own good:oops:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That's what I thought. I tried putting my VIN into some sites , but they all say it's invalid... I'll have a check of the site you linked too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brill thanks for the advice. Any ideas on SD cards .. I assume that's if I use a new one, I just pull the old one out and put new one in :oops:

·
Registered
Sportage 2017 (67) 1.7 crdi manual
354 Posts
Brill thanks for the advice. Any ideas on SD cards .. I assume that's if I use a new one, I just pull the old one out and put new one in :oops:
Don't go above 32gb. Mine wouldn't accept it. I just copy the old software off the card to my laptop and format and copy the new on. If it all goes Pete tong. Your old software will probably be useless anyway. Never had an issue using the kia supplied card

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
My car is a 2020 built car, but the update is MY18, which was the year of a specification change. The SD card in the car is a 32GB. I took the cars SD card and copied the files of it and used that for the update. No problems at all.

Reactions: iooi and Yan101

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
My car Is a 2020 but it took MY21 Update
Which is why it is better to search by Navigation System Model Name Or Software version from Device details page on head unit. Not rely on MY year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found the navigation update software wouldn't find my software version, but found my Head unit model name fine

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brill thanks, will order one up today. Just 1 more stupid question......
When ive downloaded the maps etc, and put the SD card back in the car, according to the instructions on the program I downloaded from KIA, I still need to press update. Is this correct, and does it download some things off the memory card once the new SD card is in the car?

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
On my car, which was the MY18 update, I put the SD card with the update into the slot, turned the ignition on and the system detected the update and asked me if I wanted to proceed. I just followed the on-screen progress, it restarts a few times, and it completes in about 20 minutes. You leave the card in the slot.

·
Registered
2019 Sportage 2, 1.6 (AWD) , Petrol.
29 Posts
On my car, which was the MY18 update, I put the SD card with the update into the slot, turned the ignition on and the system detected the update and asked me if I wanted to proceed. I just followed the on-screen progress, it restarts a few times, and it completes in about 20 minutes. You leave the card in the slot.
As above but be patient as there are a number of restarts. Don’t jump the gun, dont panic, wait.
G

1 - 21 of 26 Posts