Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am booked in for a map update at my local dealers. I was wondering if anybody knows if the new software update is much better than my current version from 2015/16? I find the LG system a bit clunky, will the new version be better etc? Perhaps it will offer DAB radio and Bluetooth autoplaying?

Super Moderator
Are they updating system as well?
As map update will only update the maps to the latest version.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they have told me if the software is out of date this will automatically be updated along with the maps, and I know my software is out of date.

Registered
I was wondering if anybody knows if the new software update is much better than my current version from 2015/16? I find the LG system a bit clunky, will the new version be better etc? Perhaps it will offer DAB radio and Bluetooth autoplaying?
Edit: Just noticed that your unit is quite old so my comments below may not fully apply in relation to the interface as your kit may not be compatible.

The last upgrade (2020) made significant cosmetic changes to the Nav screen interface.

Among these are colours changed, menus altered, transparent street name banner added at bottom, road Speed Limit display moved to top left of screen with current GPS speed indicated in same area, when route is set junction indications show on right similar to the motorway lane display of the last version.

DAB station logos were updated but, as far as I can tell, little changed in the radio interface though some changes to the favourites allowing limit of number but still no 'delete favourite' function that I can find.

If your unit is not DAB equipped then it won't magically introduce DAB reception. Can't say about BT changes as I don't use the BT media function.

Registered
I am booked in for a map update at my local dealers. I was wondering if anybody knows if the new software update is much better than my current version from 2015/16? I find the LG system a bit clunky, will the new version be better etc? Perhaps it will offer DAB radio and Bluetooth autoplaying?
Did you get the upgrade done and is it better ? How much did it cost ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts