Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the necessary files without any problem, the Navigation programme even wrote the information onto my sd card, but when I tried to fit it into the sd card slot in the car I found there was already one in the slot. The question is should this be there for the system to run correctly or was it left in by mistake when the garage previously updated the maps.
Font Material property Electric blue Magenta Carmine

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
79 Posts
That is what the maps and update are stored on, if you remove it you will proabaly get an error message telling you navigation will not work

When doing the update, you overwrite what is on the original card (making sure to back up the original files, just in case), or write it to a new card and replace it

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it’s like the infotainment unit in my Caren’s the SD card remains in the unit because the maps are read from the SD card.

Turn your unit off, change the SD cards over and turn the unit back on.

If you also have a firmware update on the SD card this will start updating when you turn the unit on with the new SD card in the unit in place of your original SD card. Once the firmware has loaded the unit will read the latest maps you put on the card, if there is no firmware then it will just read the new map.

That's how the Caren’s unit worked for me using a new card and assume other unit to be similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts