Kia Owners Club Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Noticed no difference on fuel, for me sharper all round, especially on pulling away. Come on, it’s never been put forward as an alternative to a re map

·
Registered
42 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread, but after reading it all I have ordered the new sensor for my gt, but I was wondering whoever mentioned the sportage knows where the map sensor is on a UK 2011 1.7 sportage.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,122 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread, but after reading it all I have ordered the new sensor for my gt, but I was wondering whoever mentioned the sportage knows where the map sensor is on a UK 2011 1.7 sportage.
Thanks
You could ask the supplier. Or better still ask in the sportage section for your year car.

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
can you feel any difference in the 33hp?
I choose the Racechip primarily for the potential Torque increase. I don't really drive at the top of the rev range, I like a bit more grunt lower down and to be honest, compared to my previous Fiesta ST and the wife's 200 bhp Astra K, it was lacking. It does now feel more powerful and driveable. I was barely breaking 30 mpg because I was driving it so hard to make up for the lack of performance. Now I find myself in a higher gear and so am seeing improved fuel economy. Over the last few weekends as lock down has eased we've been been going from North Kent to Seaford, across the Ashdown Forest and via Lewes, bit of motorway, fast A roads and country lanes, so good mix and getting 35 mpg typically. In addition to the chip I did add a Jetex panel filter, used Tesco 99 Momnetum fuel and had some new Pilot 3 tyres on the front. Probably put it on a rolling road and there's no difference but I am pleased with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I splashed out £6 on a used i40 sensor and have to agree it has made a difference. Much smoother pulling away. Can't match 43 mpg though. I'm back to 32 mpg on supermarket petrol.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Best I ever got with my 2014 non-tech GT was a true (fill-up before and after on same pump) of 40 mpg on long summer trip with light winds.
Current Stinger gives 42 mpg on similar journey but it's the 2 litre and not the V6!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am glad I only spent a tenner. I am back on the original MAP sensor. Done a couple of tanks of fuel on the "upgraded" sensor and on extended usage noticed a couple of things. I had a slight hiccup in the rev range at about 4000rpm, the noise in the car had increased - almost as if the GT button was always on - deeper sound - and there was a general dullness to the performance. I put it down initially to having a tank of 95 octane fuel, rather than the Momentum 99 I had been using since the Race Chip was added. It wasn't the fuel. So I swapped over the sensor yesterday and the car is back to it's peppy, zippy self again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You mentioned your car was on a rolling road after fitting the Racechip if you dont mind would you post the graph I'd like to check it out.
I'am interested in getting a tuning box for my GT but I can't decide on which one to buy.

Shame the sensor mod didn't do anything there was a noticable difference in mine, I fiited a Delphi branded sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You mentioned your car was on a rolling road after fitting the Racechip if you dont mind would you post the graph I'd like to check it out.
I'am interested in getting a tuning box for my GT but I can't decide on which one to buy.

Shame the sensor mod didn't do anything there was a noticable difference in mine, I fiited a Delphi branded sensor.
No, not been on a rolling road. They look quite harsh on the car and for a supposed 30 bhp boost on my box probably not worth it.

I wanted more torque. Race Chip do 3 boxes ranging from £159 to £449. The RS offers the best value in my mind, the next step up didn't offer a big enough leap in bhp or nm for the money and I don't want to fiddle with a phone app. Fit and forget. There are other brands available. There are plenty of youtube videos to watch to help you make your own mind up. £159 was worth a try, but not £449.

The sensor I used was the genuine kia part. I too had a noticeable difference, I just didn't like it after a while.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts