Kia Owners Club Forum banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
At the end of the day guys the sensor is just that.. it voltage is read based off of vaccum or boost on a dilprgraph.. You already have this sensor on your intercooler..Kia techs stared using it as a main map sensor replacement as it was cheaper..and performed better than the factory installed one..I had it in my 2015 Forte5 SX six speed for over a year and over 10 000 miles no issues at all. I know a story of one is no reason to follow me but its wired to clear up all the middle and low end throttle issues...I got a real one from the Kia counter for 50 us and a I got one on EBay for 35 us.. Both look and work go e I have the eBay ordered part in the car now..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Just my number didn’t seem to match with others except what was fitted to a sportage. Mine is a 2017 1.6 Ceed gt. just noticed the fuel consumption is getting worse. Driving sensible and new air filter but 25-26mpg at best. Performance seems ok but sometimes I think it struggles to pull its best. Stumbled across this thread so will order and change map sensor and see what happens
Roseyp

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting thread...I'll look into getting one of those sensors.

Any other little tit-bits of information for the GT's a new owner needs to know.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have a jetex air filter in mine, swap it over when it goes in for service. Gives a nicer note to the exhaust. The map sensor really sharpened my car up. So much more responsive. Most people who have fitted it are happy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
About to pick up a 21k 2014 Ceed GT, does anyone know the part number or have a link I can purchase from here in the UK? I won't be buying the cheap Ebay knock off's either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the updated map sensor and fitted to car. Done as suggested with -ive terminal disconnected for 10 mins and restart procedure. Big difference. Mpg gone up, power seems a little better but not had chance to fully test that bit yet. Overall definitely worth doing. Thanks for all help in doing this
Roseyp

·
Registered
873 Posts
Got the updated map sensor and fitted to car. Done as suggested with -ive terminal disconnected for 10 mins and restart procedure. Big difference. Mpg gone up, power seems a little better but not had chance to fully test that bit yet. Overall definitely worth doing. Thanks for all help in doing this
Roseyp
Glad it’s worked for you, the main thing I noticed was it was sharp on pulling away, no hesitation at all. Where did you get your sensor from

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've ordered a MAP sensor from Eurocarparts part number - 420850060, I telephoned my local branch and asked if the makers part was 39300-84400 which they confirmed was correct and had superseded 39300-2G000.

Carparts4less have the same part £3 cheaper but I've found they take an age to deliver items for some reason.

The local Kia dealer wanted an eye watering £82 for the genuine Kia/Hyundai sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've ordered a MAP sensor from Eurocarparts part number - 420850060, I telephoned my local branch and asked if the makers part was 39300-84400 which they confirmed was correct and had superseded 39300-2G000.

Carparts4less have the same part £3 cheaper but I've found they take an age to deliver items for some reason.

The local Kia dealer wanted an eye watering £82 for the genuine Kia/Hyundai sensor.
The Kia dealer would be selling a genuine part, the Delphi one is not I think. The genuine part is stamped Kia/Hyundai.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My thoughts after fitting the upgrade MAP sensor...The engine response on the stock sensor was quite sharp just as the boost came in more noticeable when pulling away from rest this has now been smoothed out, to me the car feels a bit sharper through the gears it may be my imagination but it does feel better...I think I'll run it for a while them re-install the stock sensor for comparison.

·
Registered
873 Posts
There are people that have bought these from various sources as in e bay that have been shipped from China, trust me it will make a difference. Still, your decision. You get what you pay for in this world

·
Registered
111 Posts
Delphi is a well established major car parts supplier I have total confidence the sensor I bought will be as good as an original Kia part, it came from Euro Car Parts not eBay I wouldn't be that short sighted.

Still running the new sensor this week...mpg no difference still hovering around the 30mpg mark, the power does feel good but its not like its been re-mapped, I've noticed slightly better pick-up too which is good.

221 - 240 of 253 Posts