Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sat nav map always shows with North to the top of the map but I want the heading to be at the top. I can change it through the menu, but it always reverts to North the next time I use the car. There doesn't seem to be any way of making this setting permanent. Previous cars I have had with built in sat navs (Nissans and Mercs) have the option to switch between the two and the choice remains until it is manually changed back again. Is this just a poor design or is there a hidden setting?

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,416 Posts
On the screen open up the map so that is full screen. Looking at the icons on the left, the top is the Home button, next button down is Map direction. Repeatedly pressing this button changes the direction/map mode.

·
Registered
817 Posts
On the screen open up the map so that is full screen. Looking at the icons on the left, the top is the Home button, next button down is Map direction. Repeatedly pressing this button changes the direction/map mode.
Does that change the default setting or just for the current 'session'??

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sorry I should have added after changing the menu settings the menu the chosen icon setting stays present. My error for nor=t being more explicit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I suspected, having had the ignition off for a few minutes, the setting has reverted to north being up. It doesn't matter what method you use to change the setting, it always reverts back to north. This is a serious design flaw. Why have the option to change it, if it is always going to change it back again?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
As I suspected, having had the ignition off for a few minutes, the setting has reverted to north being up. It doesn't matter what method you use to change the setting, it always reverts back to north. This is a serious design flaw. Why have the option to change it, if it is always going to change it back again?
It's not a design flaw, mine is set to 3D and points in the direction I am going and it is always in that mode. There may be an issue with your system. Try a reset, small pin hole near the volume control.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perhaps it only works for 3D, I am using 2D. If that is the case, it is a design flaw. My car is going into my local Kia dealer next week for some minor remedial work, so I will get them to look at it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Perhaps it only works for 3D, I am using 2D. If that is the case, it is a design flaw. My car is going into my local Kia dealer next week for some minor remedial work, so I will get them to look at it.
I'll try 2D next time I get a chance, but I am sure it moves in the direction of the car.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Just popped out to the car, switched the screen to 2D and the car arrow is heading up (in my case south). Turned the car off and left it for a few minutes, got back in and switched on. Map still in 2D heading up.
I also looked through the Settings / Navigation / Display / Map / Map Display / Map View and every time I press the Icon button and then checked the settings and the change was reflected in the setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine also stays on the right setting if I leave the car off for a few minutes but half an hour or so later it has reverted. Clealy my unit is faulty. I will get my dealer to change it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Mine also stays on the right setting if I leave the car off for a few minutes but half an hour or so later it has reverted. Clealy my unit is faulty. I will get my dealer to change it under warranty.
Have you tried a reset?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Did you set it through settings as in my post #2 above?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I did, as I explained in an earlier post. It doesn't matter which method is used, it always reverts to north after the ignition has been turned off for more than a few minutes.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
What age is you car as....

Audio and navigation units
The original audio and navigation units are covered for 36 months or 60,000 miles from the date of first registration, whichever comes first.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts