Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I just thought I'd ask if anybody else had seen many of the new 2017 Picanto's on the road yet?

I've seen hardly any so far. I know it's not been out that long but I'm really not seeing them often (I've only seen 3 others
).

I just wondered if it wasn't that popular for some reason? (Or if I just need to be more patient
).

Dave

Edited by: Kismet

·
Registered
911 Posts
Seen a couple of the 1.25's in White, I think most people are waiting for the 1.0 T-GDI as I was until I went for the Rio instead. The Picanto in White with Red trim does look very nice in the flesh and I think the 1.0 T-GDI will be very popular when it is released

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Seen a couple near where I live. But I saw only my third Niro in 15 months today - where are they all?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I haven't seen any on the road yet, except when my daughter took one for a test drive and I sat in the back.
Surprising really as there are several dealers in this area.

However, when I had my Ceed SW Sport 2litre CRDi I never saw another one anywhere all the time that I owned it, and I had it for 5 years and clocked up 75000 miles, and I have still not seen one on the road since.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello
Thanks for the replies. I wondered too if the lack of them might be to do with people waiting for the Turbo.

I do also think that as I haven't exactly seen a massive advertising campaign by KIA & also the car magazines haven't exactly fallen over themselves to test it -one even had incorrect details rating it lower than it should be(see one of my other threads), that these factors won't have helped sales either!

·
Registered
911 Posts
KIA have a healthy breeding program going on in Yorkshire guys, currently visiting friends and it seems like every 10th car is a KIA of one description or another. Loads of Sporties and Piccys especially. Haven't clocked the "lesser spotted Picanto" yet on the road but I live in hope ˜„

·
Registered
911 Posts
Just back from Yorkshire and haven't spotted the new Picanto GT S Line despite the healthy breeding program up there but did spot my first Niro, a 17 plate just north of Wetherby turning off for York ‘�

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I've been looking for any 67 plate since beginning of Sept because mine should have been delivered beginning of Sept and it didn't arrive. Apparently they said there has been a delay in shipping. I saw loads yesterday ready for collection and this past week I've seen loads of cars in general with the new plate. Maybe they were all on the same container ship lol. By the way mines a Picanto 3. Very nice.Edited by: Rory

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rory said:
Hi I've been looking for any 67 plate since beginning of Sept because mine should have been delivered beginning of Sept and it didn't arrive. Apparently they said there has been a delay in shipping. I saw loads yesterday ready for collection and this past week I've seen loads of cars in general with the new plate. Maybe they were all on the same container ship lol. By the way mines a Picanto 3. Very nice.
Congratulations on the Picanto. Nice to know there will be another pootling about.

I did wonder myself if the time it takes them to get here by ship might be a factor in not many being about yet. It's something like 12000 nautical miles fromSouth Korea
that's a heck of trip !

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is only mine in our area (Bromley). At the dealership, I've seen other customers GTLS, in white and silver.

I've had people wanting to give my ride a face off at the lights... I don't bother or even try... Which is hilarious as they go steaming away!Edited by: Maxis

·
Registered
911 Posts
Three GT Line S Piccy's spotted local to me now, one in my own village. White, silver and blue. Just a black and red and it will be the full compliment.
The white does look superb ‘�

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from being out & spotted a blue one (I think it was a 2). Nice to hear of & see more appearing

I saw a GT Line from the top of a bus the other day & that was in white. I like the new ones in it, I thinkthat colourreally suits the 2017's shape & it's a very nice shade of white, that's why we chose the colour for ours. Seems odd you now pay morefor a white carit was once the freebie colour!

I do wish they'd given the option of more colours on the 2017 range in the UK(perhaps they will later). Some of the foreign sites show more colours like a rather nice grey & also the bumble bee yellow which you could get on the previous range. If they'd had the yellow available we may have chosen that for ours.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw a black & red GT-Line the other day. Looked superb.
Got to say though, still not seeing very many at all- they're a rare sight so far.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent glad to hear of another two out there

I wonder how many KIA have sold in the UK so far?

Did it look good in the pop orange?

·
Registered
643 Posts
My daughter has a pop orange "3", it is is an unusual colour that seems to change with lighting conditions.
When it's dark it looks a dark red, when the sun shines on it it is a metalic orange and in between it looks a bronze colour but very nice whatever the lighting conditions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ItsOnlyMe said:
My daughter has a pop orange "3", it is is an unusual colour that seems to change with lighting conditions.
When it's dark it looks a dark red, when the sun shines on it it is a metalic orange and in between it looks a bronze colour but very nice whatever the lighting conditions.

We have a Pop Orange 3 as well, and that is a perfect description

I think it really suits the car, but colour is very subjective. Make sure you view it in sunlight to get the full effect.

We saw a red GT Line on our local high street. The missus took one look, and said "shall we pop down to the dealers to see if they have any?". Straight down the road to the dealer, found out they don't do the GT Line in auto
, pretty much bought the 3 immediately after that. I think her mind was made up as soon as she saw the GT Line.

That's the only other new Picanto we've seen on the road before or since.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info' on the orange, sounds cool. Only colours I've seen them in so far are white, blue &black.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts