Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had the light come on going up hill...it flashed, then stopped flashing at which point I had a lot more power. After some driving it went out. A week later it came on again...in exactly the same spot!...and repeated the cycle but this time stayed on. I took it to the garage....after 20 minutes the service manager called my through to the workshop...the 2 mechanics were in fits of laughter. They'd removed the plastic engine cover and the insulation under it had been shreded...by a mouse. The same mouse had started to eat the turbo control cable....£52 later the problem was fixed with a bit of insulating tape (the bill was all for labour of course).

I installed a battery powered sonic alarm under the bonnet. Several days later I headed down the driveway and washed the screen.....no fluid but I could hear the pump. Bonnet up....water dripping out of the under bonnet insulation.....yes, the mouse had eaten the washer pipes. I removed the bonnet insulation to repair the pipe and decided to leave it off as it clearly was too tempting...I then spotted a nose poking out of a hole in the bonnet reinforcing...a quick touch with the pressure washer evicted 3 of the little bu**ers. I removed the engine cover to find more chew marks. Anyway, the vulnerable wiring is repaired and armoured with fine wire mesh. All insulation has been removed. As well as the sonic alarm, a bait tray goes under the bonnet overnight. Dead mice litter the landscape! But if this is bad. one of them ate it's way through the hard plastic brake fluid reservoir on the wife's Panda!

I suspect the loss of power with the ECU light mentioned above is a poor wiring connection...hopefully not cause by a wee timorous beestie!

Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts