Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Collected my C'eed last Thursday, so have been playing with it over the weekend. Very pleased with it!

Just one thing I can't work out and the manual doesn't help... How can I make a phone call while driving??

My iPhone is synced, and I can receive calls no problem - but is there a way to scroll through my contacts on the dashboard display, select one and dial it?? All I can do is get it to call the last dialled number by pressing the phone button on steering wheel.

Any ideas? or is this not possible without first selecting my contact on the phone first?

cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi micman,

The answer unfortunately is, you cannot ring out from your phone book.
As you have already found out, you can only dial the last number. I have the
same car. It is a sudo safety feature, to stop you using the phone while
driving. This has been discussed before, somewhere in the forum.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

packman

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

That is annoying. Guess I'll have to try using the voice recognition on the iPhone!!

cheers

M

·
Registered
437 Posts
is the standard stereo or satnav?? or is there a button on steering wheel with a mouth and some sound waves next to it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the standard unit on the new Ceed 3. The Sat-Nav with voice activated Bluetooth only comes on the new Ceed 4 that's just been released as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
8 Posts
packman said:
Hi micman,

The answer unfortunately is, you cannot ring out from your phone book.
As you have already found out, you can only dial the last number. I have the
same car. It is a sudo safety feature, to stop you using the phone while
driving. This has been discussed before, somewhere in the forum.

packman
Kia would lead you to believe that you can access the phonebook through
the car. See the Bluetooth page on the Kia Motors UK website: http://www.kia.co.uk/owners/bluetooth.aspx - confused

Pick my Kia up tomorrow

Edited by: Brutus

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that link to the other forum packman.

Exactly as I had worked out for myself - the Bluetooth system doesn't let you access your phonebook and choose a number.

What a crazy oversight - and a total cop out of an excuse for the reason by Kia!!!

Fortunately for me, I'm not a business user, so don't really need to make calls on the move all the time. At least I can answer calls in the car as they come in!

Thanks for your assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts