Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having issues with my 2005 Sportage 2.0 crdi.
It’s one of the early ones with the 5 speed gearbox, don’t know if that makes any difference but thought I’d mention it.

I’m getting an intermittent eml on the dash, with error code P0102. I’ve put my diagnostic reader on it on live data and it appears that the MAF reading is frozen. If I move the loom it starts to read properly again and all is ok.
I’ve taken the conduit off the cables down to where they join the larger loom and tested the cables from the plug down and I’m getting continuity on all cables. I’ve tried jiggling the cables to try to find a break, but no sign of any break in continuity.
My next thought is ground. Could it possibly be a bad ground somewhere below the joint with the main loom? Does anyone know where this is meant to be grounded, as I don’t have a wiring diagram that I can refer to? I know some of these connections have shared ground connections but I can’t find it.
Another thought is possibly that the connectors in the plug are loose or damaged. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement plug for the 5 pin Bosch sensor?

After that I’m at a bit of a loss. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what the issue might be? I have changed the sensor, so I’m sure it can’t be that.
Any suggestions gladly received.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here's some useful info. VW but still relevant.
Check voltages for : ground, 12v, or 5v, or both, analogue air flow voltage out, ambient air resistance (optional 2 wires)
As you have swapped MAF, it's likely wiring or an air leak. Try and use needle back probes to measure in circuit voltages. Also measure voltages with MAF disconnected at pins. In case somebody has previously damaged connector using fat back probes.
Try and identify the 5 pins, ask if you get stuck, you will need a multimeter. Also check fuse has a good connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.