Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to say, my Sportage ('56 plate) flew through its' third MOT today. Just an advisory that the tyres (Bridgestone) are getting close to renewal time. I've been quoted £110 each for like-for-like replacements. Any advice on tyre brands? Steady, medium speed driving and towing a caravan.
Regards, Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi mike i own a 2008 crdi 2.0 and also tow a 1500 kg caravan although i dont do a lot of miles the first set of tyres fitted at the factory from new lasted around 2 years they were hankooks they retail around £100 each if not more and i did not feel they offered any more value for money, so i did a bit of searching the net and came up with roadstone classe premiere ,through black circlces.com they are the same load rating,size and profile and didnt notice any change in road noise,the wet ,and have been very good in the snow they will last at least the two years the more expensive ones did i should add i paid about £135 per pair of tyres and were delivered to a local garage of your choice and price includes fitting,ps i live up in ebbw vale.cheers.h.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mike,

I buy Vredestein Quadrac 3 SUVs. These are an all season tyre with the snowflake & mountain symbol. They are great on muddy caravan sites too. Wear & noise is fine but they are expensive.

Richard

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Mike,

I like the Bridgestones, my last two cars i replaced the tyres with Bridgestones and £110 each i think is a good price ??? although I would ask for a discount if having all four tyres replaces. They are a softer compound i think but my Sportage XE 06 that i bought in November had 4 new Bridgestones, It performed great in the snow and i tow a caravan. The Hankook are a Bridgestone clone i think OR there a clone of a branded tyre I think ?????

Anyway when I come to replace mine, i think it will be Bridgestones as I feel there a good safe allrounder.

Lance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts